Toomey on the black blaster

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
got the black bastard all ready to ride today, including cleaning the carb, new chain and sprockets, cleaned greased swingarm pivot bearings, the new razr 2's (till my white blaster is ready to rock) and the new to me Toomey pipe.

i know i said i'd never do a left bend, but i've tried all the right bends, and the price was right @ $175 shipped for pipe and silencer.
i did not use the toomey silencer...yet.
i may try it on my bike with the Trinity right bend ? prolly swap all 3 around ?
and i just had to know how loud this CT silencer was going to be, with the huge outlet ?
it's obnoxiously loud, even with new packing. :eek:
prolly gonna throw my way quieter LRD silencer on this bike, one of my bikes has to be quiet.

my buddy riding it.........

next...the CT and Toomey silencers on my bike with the Trinity pipe

my Toomey thoughts....... i do not like how early the power band kicks in, seems like it's right around 1/4 throttle, and the power falls off way before any of the right bends i've tried. (F7, LRD, Dyno-Port and the champ....Trinity)
but i guess it can stay for now, till the next good deal on another right bend comes around.

Last edited by a moderator:
my old ct silencer! sounds sweet

pulled it apart, repacked it and replaced those and the loose rivets with self tapping screws, no more baffle rattling around either I:I

im guessing the packing was horrible, the packing in my ct i got from the same guy was the worst i seen lol

actually not that bad, it was burnt up some right against the baffle, but if you have it apart.... replace with new for how cheap it is.
thats 3 silencers i've done with that same $7 bag of FMF packing

You should bolt on the Toomey silencer. I think it will be quieter than the CT but still loud as chit. What mods do you have on that quad? I've got mild porting, vf3's with spacer, gutted box, +3 Vito's crank, and a 30mm Trenga (oko) carb. It's got strong pull everywhere and good over rev, but I wouldn't classify it as a "top end" pipe. Maybe it would seem that way on a stock motor because it would definitely add a lot on top over a stock pipe. One of these days I'll pick up a right bend and see how it pulls.

id agree with you now that ive been riding with this pipe and bike Ive grown used to it and have also noticed it tops off kinda early if your in a really long streach like 1/3 mile or so