Toomey b1 jetting help

Perdueracing

Mar 10, 2015
high point nc
I've got a blaster 66mm piston new cylinder all new gaskets new intake manifold new boysen carbon fiber pro reeds no air box lid foam filter Toomey b1 pipe running 32:1 castor 927 100octane 310 main needle stock position tried 3rd to rich stock pilot air screw right at. Three quarters out I'm just trying to get more response out of the midrange anyone with the same setup let me know your jetting please I've got a 230 260 270 290 310 at1500ft about 70 degrees 80 percent humidity the thing will pull your arms off on upper mid to top but lower mid and bottom is lagging so I'm just wondering if the pipes power band is just that way or my jetting is off a little

The Toomey B1'should pull well down into the lows.

With the air screw 3/4 out I would suspect an air leak somewhere adding too much air.

Toomey says it requires a 310 Jet, I just read a article about Jetting (I will try and find it) that says every 1500ft of elevation you need to increase 1 jet size. Plus you have a few other Mods. Leakdown test and if there are no leaks plug chop to see where you are at but I would assume you need a larger Jet for what you're running and elevation.

Reactions: Awk08
Actually you need to decrease the jet size when you increase elevation. There is a formula on here somewhere for it. As elevation increases there is less oxygen available to burn. Me and another member had agreed that you go down 1 jet size roughly every 2000 feet, but as he got up above 6000 feet, jet sizes decreased more often. A leaktest should be performed before trying to set the jetting, and plug chops are the only way to confirm it. The needle can also be plug chopped to confirm its setting

Yep, I'm at about 3k ft and had to drop my needle because stock was too rich. At least people reading that didn't go lean!

my opinion toomey has very little bottom end power vs a low to mid pipe....toomey is mid to high.
i have had 2 of them on different blasters......pretty much just pin it if you want more power:)

YeA no air leaks rich on 310 tried a 290 looks pretty good. Picked up some hp on top a little but the bottom is the same I think it's just the pipe I might try a pro circuit or another fmf because my fmf did fine on midrange but not quite the same power as the Toomey and the jetting was different

I ended up running a 290 with the needle on 3rd position no lid uni filter still no bottom but that's the best I could get it with stock needle and carb I might get a lrd needle or a Duncan they make there own but anyways the blaster runs the best out of all 3 I've had you just have to stay on the pipe but anyone looking to trade pipes in nc let me know looking for a right bend or pro circuit or ct or lrd