Tires

pudvah

I just wanna rip.
Mar 6, 2015
Griswold, Connecticut
I know as a general rule you are supposed to run your tires 1 inch larger in the front than the rear, right now I have 20x11x8 in the rear and 21x7x10 in the front and they seem like a good size for the trails I ride.

My question is can I ride 2 inches bigger in the front? does it really matter. I bought a pair of 22x7x10 yesterday for 20 dollars and they are brand new, my fronts I have now are pretty bald. My rears I have now are perfect so I don't want to buy new right now. Plus I got a pair of brand new 18x11x8 for spares from the same guy for 10 dollars.

its doesnt matter how much bigger they are IMO. just nothing ridiculous

my first blaster had 21" on the front and 18" on the rear. it sat kinda funny looking but it rode okay

Reactions: pudvah
I've got 21's on front and 18's on the rear now. Herps right that it looks goofy! But it suits my riding style well which is a lot of flat dirt and gravel. But I will say that I always felt like the 18's really limited me when I am riding hard and rough trails.

image.jpg
Ya I went ahead and put them on. I ride in trails that have big rocks and roots so ground clearance is a must. Doesn't look too bad either but it's a lot of front tire lol

Reactions: 82cutty