Tires to Big?

Kyle_06SE

May 19, 2016
Seattle
So I got a Question but its not so much what should I do but more What have you Guys done.
I found some tires finally For my Rims 10-10 rims in rear and normal 7-10s up front but I went with 22" tires front and rear. I've been told that it would slow my blaster down....... But in fact it didn't! I'm assuming a bone stock blaster might see some loss of power moving the bigger tires most guys I know have 20's paddles and 18" dirt and what not. but what experiences have any of you had with different tires sizes? I mean I'm not a large dude but I'm
blaster.jpg
My Toy.jpg
5'5" and 240 blaster Squats when I climb on but she still moves like a bat outta hell.

Well, you have some kind of a pipe, that helps. I have "some" :rolleyes: work done and a Fat Bastard pipe and don't notice that much difference between stock Banshee rears and 22" mud lites. Other than the MLites don't do doenuts as well, more side note.

Reactions: Kyle_06SE
I love the 10" rears.

Plenty of guys run 20's and 22's. From what I've saw 20's are probably more common around here though I could be wrong. 18's seem to be for the guys who race MX.

I think the 22's suit it perfect and look great.

Reactions: Kyle_06SE
Ya I have FMF gold series And Toomey B1 lol
Ya I have FMF gold series And Toomey B1 lol
Nothing really wrong with the 22" tires. I prefer the 20" rear tires over 22" due to the height and getting lower to ground and less tire roll. I believe the 20" make me feel tighter to ground than 22" but this is both on 8" rims. I did experiment with 22" holes hots on 8" rim and went back to 20". The 22" on 10" rims got to be better than 22" on 8" rims though. Also you said you said you have fmf and toomey pipes. Which do you prefer.

so I took her out last weekend with the new tires and she did great a lot of gravel roads and some minor trails didn't really have any clearance issues didn't really seem to get stuck ON anything. I did notice that my Fuel mix might be a little off been running 40:1 seen a little more oil burn off then normal and I need to tighten a screw on the Toomey had some burnt oil leak right at the flange but besides that the 22" did great. I love the way the FMF and the Toomey pair together the sound is great people definitely take notice funny tho a lot of people keep saying I had a nice Banshee lol Well its a Blaster so.... But I think ima change up my Fuel mix alittle bit it didn't seem to bog down or run any different but maybe 32:1 not sure tho cause of how new the build is only has about 15hrs on her. don't wanna have to rebuild AGAIN !!!