tired of rip offs

harley1-5

Jul 28, 2013
Elko County Nevada
As I have been fixing small engines on the side lately.It has been brought to my attention how local shops have been ripping people off.$125 an hour labor,long waits for repairs,they said a yfz450[I gave back sat they rode all day sunday,called to say how happy they are]couldn't be fixed,and are taking advantage of local Mexican americans.How can some 1 live with their self after ripping off some 1s hard earned $$?

There called crooks Harley !!.. Good thing karma usually steps in after awhile..

move yourself onto a big, brand new showroom/workshop, pay the mortgage, taxes, insurance, utilities, franchise rights, overhead for parts on stock, proper equipment, testers, warranties on parts/labor, employees, lawyers, accountants, advertising, ect. ect. ect. and see what you charge then ?

pretty easy to charge "whatever"...... when your working under the radar of the Govt. out in your yard ?

and is this $125 rate to a green card holding mesi-murican or not ? :)

I hope to have a building to use soon as a shop.Prob still charge $45-55 per hour
How long ago did you have your shop? Why did you fold? Prices are going up all the time. That's about going rate for any franchise dealer auto or atv/cycle.

Do you have liability for customers, or if something gets stolen, or you have a fire?

You have to think about it. Owning a big shop is expensive. $45 is really cheap for a hour labor and while people love that price you have to think about your self to.

For those willing to pay that price, good for them. I myself charge what I think its worth to me ( my time and buisness running costs)
Its not easy to compete with someone working from home, doing it as a second job, for extra cash.
If they are going the extra mile and doing good work, they can charge what they like.

all I wanna do is be fair.I do this because it helps me make ends meet I only do a few jobs a week.I cant survive on my 9 to 5,so I know the value of a dollar,and I just want to give people a good deal

Reactions: DeJay1206
Thought youd like this one. Local shop on craigslist is selling a blaster motor for $700 and can install it for $200. Damn man i would charge $50 to instal a blaster motor, the hardest part is lining up the swing arm.

Reactions: DeJay1206