Tire won’t stay tight

Brenden Duso

Jan 13, 2018
My rear left tire doesn’t stay tight , I will tighten the nut as tight as I possible can with a breaker bar and all , I’ll ride around for about a half hour and it’s loose again , i tried thread locker and while the nut has not moved the tire is loose again , could this be the axle , wheel bearing ? What is gonna need to be replaced

My rear left tire doesn’t stay tight , I will tighten the nut as tight as I possible can with a breaker bar and all , I’ll ride around for about a half hour and it’s loose again , i tried thread locker and while the nut has not moved the tire is loose again , could this be the axle , wheel bearing ? What is gonna need to be replaced
Is it your hub loosening? Or is it your lug nuts?

I'm sure people here may disagree with me but I use my impact gun on the lugs as well as the hub, if it continues to loosen I would just replace both the hubs on the back they're cheap enough. In my experience the the splines in the hubs do wear out, hope this helps

Are you using a castle nut on your axle to secure the hub? My understanding is that this should never be a problem even if you don't properly torque that nut down necessarily, because that pin should prevent the nut from coming off. Did it sheer that clean off?