Tire size

ken cunningham

Mar 21, 2012
I currently have some dry rotted 21x10-8 tires on my blaster. They are the oem style, as in the tread surface in curved from one side to the other, like a donut if you will. I found some sedona bazooka rear tires for a descent price but the closest size is 20x11-8. This tires have a flat tread profile so i was wondering if they will still be good putting them on the blaster rims. If i understand the tire size correctly the new ones are for a 1 inch wider rim. I really like the price, about 62 dollars and they are 4 ply so maybe i wont have as many punctures.

your rims are 8x8. any tire size that end in 8. example: 20x11-8 will fit an 8 inch rim. the second number is the width of the tire and anything from about 8"-12" in width will fit the 8x8 rim. the first number is the height of the tire.

so yes those tires will work!

your rims are 8x8. any tire size that end in 8. example: 20x11-8 will fit an 8 inch rim. the second number is the width of the tire and anything from about 8"-12" in width will fit the 8x8 rim. the first number is the height of the tire.

so yes those tires will work!

Right on
I'll jsut add that a flat type of tyre will give tou better ability to slide sideways (driff :) ) and amake it feel a bit more stiff on paved roads

Nuno

go for it! one problem ive picked up with cheap tires however is that sometimes they are not completely round and can cause wobbles at high speeds. I prefer to stick to more expensive and better made tires ie: Kenda Klaws :)

I think dunlops come out with a pretty good new tire.I think its a belted 6 ply.Looks like a good trail and all around tire that will last.I also seen these new veerubbers I may be picking up a set of these as I think I seen them in a 19x11.In my opinion I think thats a pretty good match for all around performance and fitment for the size of the blaster.I think these are also 6 ply but have pretty heavy nobs going to give some seriouse side bite hope they brake free pretty well but we will see.Both these tires are also of the flat design and not the dangerouse round donut type.Im currently running hole shots which are a pretty good tire and have a thick side wall as you can run the preasure pretty low but they wear fast and are 2 ply and work best on a groomed track or equal riding condition.I have the mx 18 inch just a tad to small for my taste.But they do have the hd series but they only come in a 20 and a 22 I believe but they look like a really nice tire.I am running kenda on the front thats been a good tire.They have been on there so long side walls are starting to split lol.But time for change and dropping down from a 21 to a 20.Vee rubber fronts are looking promising as they have a pretty nice looking bite and they are also 6 ply.The veerubbers are sport but they are pretty touph ment for trial and cross country performance.I browsed ebay and found some pretty good deals.There new they just list some of there stock on ebay.165 for set of hole shots 18x10 20x11 or something free shipping 150 for maxis mx 18x10 in that generall area.I think the dunlops were 165 all free shipping no sales tax.The veerubbers are trying to get there name out so they have pretty good deals.Set of all for 240ish plus 40 shipped.

PS leave me alone masterblaaster:)But your own thoughts and opinions are welcome.Dont bash people inpute your own experience.This is a learning sight where we share our knowledge my friend.

Last edited:
I think dunlops come out with a pretty good new tire.I think its a belted 6 ply.Looks like a good trail and all around tire that will last.I also seen these new veerubbers I may be picking up a set of these as I think I seen them in a 19x11.In my opinion I think thats a pretty good match for all around performance and fitment for the size of the blaster.I think these are also 6 ply but have pretty heavy nobs going to give some seriouse side bite hope they brake free pretty well but we will see.Both these tires are also of the flat design and not the dangerouse round donut type.Im currently running hole shots which are a pretty good tire and have a thick side wall as you can run the preasure pretty low but they wear fast and are 2 ply and work best on a groomed track or equal riding condition.I have the mx 18 inch just a tad to small for my taste.But they do have the hd series but they only come in a 20 and a 22 I believe but they look like a really nice tire.I am running kenda on the front thats been a good tire.They have been on there so long side walls are starting to split lol.But time for change and dropping down from a 21 to a 20.Vee rubber fronts are looking promising as they have a pretty nice looking bite and they are also 6 ply.The veerubbers are sport but they are pretty touph ment for trial and cross country performance.I browsed ebay and found some pretty good deals.There new they just list some of there stock on ebay.165 for set of hole shots 18x10 20x11 or something free shipping 150 for maxis mx 18x10 in that generall area.I think the dunlops were 165 all free shipping no sales tax.The veerubbers are trying to get there name out so they have pretty good deals.Set of all for 240ish plus 40 shipped.

A little update.My new tires came in.I purchased the veerubber venom racing 2.They came with the newer tread pattern.And I also got them in a 19x11x9.Now I just need new rims lol.Going with the tpi baja 9x9 but any way first impression is these tires are nice.Have good rim protecting side walls and the knobs are knarly.Tread design is all around cross country and track.I like these over my holeshots and the 19inch works and seems about right for the blaster.150 for 2 shipped to my doorI:I

I actually work for a tire company, but we don't make ATV tires here.
We do make some pretty awesome off-road tires, including for the Stryker fighting vehicle and Canadian LAV.

Weight, tire pressure and overall diameter are important on these machines.
I am a fine one to talk, I have 22" tires on my machine right now, too tall. The lower the tire the more stable it will be.
I needed the clearance for a little mud bashing. Not that that is over I will be back to lower, lighter tires.

Thick heavy tires are not the way to go. Lightly constructed tires swing easier, eat less horsepower, and grip better.
They conform to the ground and rocks and grab like a hand and fingers.
Thicker tires bow and buckle up in the middle losing grip, even if the air pressure is low.
Better tires have sidewall protection built in without making the sidewall heavy, stiff or thick.

Proper air pressure is critical to get the tire working. Too much and it bounces over the bumps. Too little and it can pinch against the wheel and pop off the rim. A flat profile tire should ride flat even on a hard surface. If you can see light under the sides, it is over inflated. About 3-5 psi on a Blaster. It takes a special low pressure tire gauge to read it accurately. The rounded profile tire should still be using half of its width on flat surfaces at about the same pressure.

As for avoiding flats, that has everything to do with air pressure too. Too much or too little and a tire is easy to puncture with something sharp or pinching against the inside of the rim. With just the right low pressure a sharp stick has nothing to work against and has to intrude 4-5" to hit the rim.

So, 20-10-8 flat profile sounds great. 6 ply? Maybe too heavy. Thick sidewall? Not my first choice. Remember, 3-5psi.

vanstump.jpg

yes. you have an 8" diameter wheel, and the last number in the tire size is an 8. it will fit.

and generally you use a tire that is 1-3 inches wider (printed on the sidewall) than your wheel width