Timberwolf Pull Start

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
I know this is blaster forum and all, but I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere else, ans I know the people here probably have the right answer. I'm doing a full break down and rebuild on the bottom end of my 1996 Timberwolf. It only has electric start and no pull start backup. I'm trying to figure out what I need to get to put a pull start on it in case the electric start system fails, like it has before out in the middle of nowhere. I read somewhere a long time ago that you need the clutch basket and of course the pull starter itself. I figured now would be a good time to do it since I have the whole thing torn apart. If anyone can give me ANY kind of information on this at all I'd greatly appreciate it. And before someone flaims me, sorry for posting a non-blaster question on blasterforum.

I was thinking of trying to fit a Pull Start from a Yamaha Bear Tracker on my old timber wolf but i dont know if it will work...LOOK 03 YAMAHA BEAR TRACKER 250 PULL START STARTER RECOIL | eBay Both of the motors look closely alike LOOK 1992 Yamaha Timberwolf engine motor complete | eBay and Yamaha Bear Tracker Beartracker Crankcase Motor Engine | eBay BUT the reverse rod on the bear tracker is bent to clear the pull starter... I also thought about seeing if the hydro dics brakes from the bear tracker will fit a timber wolf...lolI:I

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely look close. Do you know how the pull starter turns the crank or which side it goes on? I'm guessing it goes on the side with the flywheel but I have no idea. The whole thing is apart on my workbench now.