swingarm skid plate??

vakidd

Jay4rmVA
Sep 10, 2013
Fredericksburg Virginia
I am having trouble mounting my stock swingarm skid plate or finding one that will work for my 05. i have a rebuilt rear which is why i cant mount. maybe someone may have an idea for me? the +4 swingarm has all the holes needed and all holes are on point with the stock swingarm. the upgrades are:

+4 swing arm (swingarm shop)
gforce 6" adjustable axle
stock rear sprocket
stock brake rotor
CZ gold mx series (size = 520)
T.M. designworks chain slide and guide

my main issue is the chain slide and guide is huge for my taste. but i have heard good things about it so i would rather not have wasted $50 and keep it. i can get the stock skid plate to bolt on the lower 2 bolts (closest to axle) but even pushing it up into the chain guide the top mount holes sit about 3" lower than the swingarm holes. is there anyone with this same setup in some way that has found a solution to this issue? i am ok with buying a aftermarket skid plate and in fact would rather have something nicer than stock but i do not want to waste money and just hope that it will mount

flip the tm designs chain guide so it faces forward, works just the same and will allow your skidplate to mount

i tried to flip the guide and it wont work. when you flip the guide the bolt holes will not line up the same and the chain rides the top of the guide verse on the rollers. im just gonna custom make some brackets on the foward holes to get me through hatfield trip