Swing arm install

Blastrownr

Mar 24, 2020
Would it work If I put a 2006 blaster swing arm on a 2000 frame or not? Also does the 2000 blaster have a rear brake pump or what is included because the one I bought did not come with any of the assembly

The swingarm will bolt right on, what that leaves you is a mount for any modern yamaha sport atv rear hydro brake caliper,
you can use the 88-02 axle w/ floating disc for hydro brakes, and not need the 03-06 axle with it's stationary disc
you will need to fabricate/weld ....
a mount on the frame for the master cylinder, welded or bolt on
an extension onto your existing cable pedal to connect to and actuate the master
or swap over to 03-06 footpegs/brake pedal for the hydro system, then mount the master to match up to that pedal extension.

If your fab skills feel froggy and you decide to proceed, we'll get into it further

Reactions: TypicalGuy
The swingarm will bolt right on, what that leaves you is a mount for any modern yamaha sport atv rear hydro brake caliper,
you can use the 88-02 axle w/ floating disc for hydro brakes, and not need the 03-06 axle with it's stationary disc
you will need to fabricate/weld ....
a mount on the frame for the master cylinder, welded or bolt on
an extension onto your existing cable pedal to connect to and actuate the master
or swap over to 03-06 footpegs/brake pedal for the hydro system, then mount the master to match up to that pedal extension.

If your fab skills feel froggy and you decide to proceed, we'll get into it further

Hey ask!

So I bought the hydro brake set up off a 2003-2006 but it didn’t come with the pegs. Are you saying I’ll need the 2003-2006 foot pegs to match up with the master and pedal?

are you saying for the hydro set up on a 2003-2006 blaster to work on a day 95 blaster it’ll need The 2003-2006 foot pegs?

Because I have the pedal, master line and caliper off a 2003-2006 blaster but not the pegs

Hey ask!

So I bought the hydro brake set up off a 2003-2006 but it didn’t come with the pegs. Are you saying I’ll need the 2003-2006 foot pegs to match up with the master and pedal?

You need the 03-06 peg and pedal, or weld an extension onto the 88-02 pedal to run the master cylinder.
the 03-06 pedal will not mount to an 88-02 peg