suspension upgrade

xJust_Causex

Apr 14, 2010
york, Illinois
well I've been looking to upgrade front and rear shocks on the blasty, the biggest problem is I don't really know what to get. I've been reading around the forum and noticed that the 400ex seems to be the most choosen, but I don't really want to have a bunch of time wrapped on in modding stuff to fit, and my budget is pretty small. Also, I'm a pretty big guy at 295#, I want something that is gonna ride smooth, but I don't want something that is gonna bottom out bad, which is part of the problem I'm having with the shock that is on it now, which I'm assuming is stock but not 100%. I mainly ride trails, and ride on the sand bar at the river. If you need any other info let me konw.

Thank You
Levi

the 400EX shock with the Oconnor Racing bushing setup will only take a couple minutes, another option is the ATC 250R rear ('86+ iirc), it bolts right up after a little grinding is done to the top mount.

For fronts, the cheap upgrade is a set of banshee shocks. Otherwise works or elka's will do good up front, though much more expensive than the banshee shocks.

Ya the works are outa my price range atm, at least the ones I have seen. as far as the 86 and older 250r shocks, what is the difference. As far as length, it wouldn't bother me if they were a little long and increase my ride hight a bit, just so long as they don't lower it is my big concern.

The 250r shock will raise the rear of your quad a little but not much. The trx rear shock is better, imo plus the rezzy line is longer to allow more options for mounting it

i have a trx 250r shock on the back of mine and it raised the rear about 2 inches, but it goes down 2-3 inches when i sit on it (i'm 220 and sit pretty far back on the seat).

mine had already had the top mount ground on a bit, and it went right in on my blaster

and the ken oconnor bushings are the way to go on the 400ex shock. basically all you need to do then is drill out the bottom hole and it'll go right in.

you can find works shocks on ebay for 100-150 if you wait around for a deal, which is significantly more than the shee shocks, BUT it's a great mod, and the guys at works are awesome help on the phone

I got a used set of elkas(piggy back with compresion and rebound) for my front for like 250 , and its a night and day difference , if you could find something like that , go for it .

Will these banshee shocks work on my blaster? Or would I have to find banshee stock shocks??

Attachments

• IMG_0859.PNG
    IMG_0859.PNG
    222.8 KB · Views: 812