Stupid problem... have tors box, but missing idle adjustment screw.

bwilliamsky

Mar 22, 2019
I've picked up a $100 project quad that was basically an engine and transmission on a chassis and I'm getting it built back up and running.

The TORS is electronically bypassed, but physically still on top of the carb. I think it's missing the idle adjustment screw on the TORS box.. where can I get a replacement screw? I don't see that specifically listed out on the parts diagram I downloaded off this site.

A little info on this... The slide wasn't closing all the way so I pulled the TORS box apart. It was caked with mud and crap, so I pulled out the sensor and spring, cleaned the box out with carb cleaner and then sprayed in a lithium grease and put it back together. The slide/needle now go all the way down in the carb.
The quad runs great, has 120lbs of compression, and I think is going to clean up nicely, but dies out as soon as I let off the gas. I think it's missing the idle adjustment screw in the top/rear of the TORS box. There's just an empty hole (and I think that's where all the dirt/schmooge came from that was inside the TORS linkage).

If I have to do the elimination mod and drill out the carb, I can, but I'd really just like to get a cheap screw to make this work for the time being, if possible.
Thanks very much!

I am planning to do this on my bike. Basically use an M6 bolt (see which size fits in that hole that is the biggest), then at one of those square nuts on the outside of the TORS UNIT and same nut on the inside.

This should make it adjustable and will work. The importance is just that the bolt should be just the right size and not too small, referring to the diameter. I will be doing this in the next few days and hopefully take some pics to share with you.

Quite doable and cheap. ONLY needs the right bolt and nuts.