Stock 2005 Blaster. Want to do it up rite...

Illtryit

Oct 12, 2017
I have a 2005 Blaster that is all stock. It runs very well. I really want to stretch it out. I have heard about the change of the Banshee axel. Do you have to use the brake from the Banshee? What's all the info about that? And what do I do about the Front of the Bike? I have read a lot of Bad things about spacers. Don't want that worry. Plus I weigh 200lbs. And I'm not planning on buying a different Bike, or losing weight.

Stretching it out in what way? If you want to widen the bike out a bit then for the rear a banshee axle will go right in your year blaster. All you need is a banshee axle, nothing else, all your parts will swap over including your hydraulic brakes. The banshee axle will give you like 1 5/8-3/4 per side. If you want to widen the front you are correct on not wanting spacers or an extension kit. Best thing is to get a decent set of aftermarket extended a-arms. Along with a-arms though be prepared to spend some money on some shocks as stock blaster shocks are like pogo sticks on extended a-arms. If you want to lengthen the blaster then a longer swingarm is what you want and also depends what you plan to ride with it. If keeping it on trails a +2 to +3 to +4 is where you would want to be in length. I suggest a +4 if you plan to do a good amount of engine mods, a +3 if you plan to keep it with just bolt on upgrades and a +2 if you are keeping it stock. Being over 200 is no issue for a blaster. Adding front maier race hood or cutting fenders improves leg room for the taller folk. All you need to do is pinch a good loaf before you go riding. lol

Reactions: speedyslyder
When I changed out the banshee axle with a blaster one. I had to use the banshee rotor holder.

When I changed out the banshee axle with a blaster one. I had to use the banshee rotor holder.
I am sure you did. But that information is nfg on this model. You had to change the brake hub cause you had an 88-02 setup. In this case the op has an 03-06 so like I stated he doesn't need anything besides an axle. You are just adding in confusing information that is not needed or matter in this situation.

Reactions: Blast91
/\ lol those funny engineers over at yamaha
try to save a buck silly of them...they do call the banshee
the big brother of the blaster/or blaster the little brother:)