Still not running right

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
Me, momma and the boy were joined by our oldest child, who was home from college. She still smokes alot and the power was flaky. Oh well, back into it i go!! At the very end she does come up in third a little. Oh yea, and that's Wheelie Boy putting around, he is getting there. Actually did some gears today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, right...

One of these days. Still get nasty oil smoke. When I ride it hard, she doesn't smoke, when Wheelie Boy of some other timid soul don't keep her in the fun zone she smokes. That run was actually after Wheelie Boy put a few laps one it, say 10-15 minutes of 1/8th throttle. It smoked worse as the time went on as he rode it. I run it hard for a couple minutes and she clears up. After a couple more laps from this vid she was clean as can be. So I got a oil issue and/mix/carb thing. Once I get her cleared up and hot the sucker pulls nice up top.

Should be able to get Wheelie Boy into third next time out. While me and the girls took turns on the one he rode straight through for an hour or so. So he's getting his comfort zone and should be close to starting to hit it some. He's got all of 2.5 hrs on a quad and has at least doubled his top speed. With a little luck and some more seat time I should be able to get him to be able to ride one. The funny thing is the balance is about the hardest thing to master and he has no ass or mass to swing on it. He's along for the ride. That will keep his speed down or introduce him to his first roll.

We shall see.

Dam pile of fun havin' most of the whole crew out burnin' 2 stroke oil.

A

well not that this helps with anything but. One time i have a little 50cc dirtbike and my brother took it to his friends house and let his friend ride and his friend ask its automatic right? and my brother said yes. so his friend goes and goes down a whole street in 1st gear and ever sence then the bike smoked really bad like really bad and didnt wanna start up. So i know it didnt help but just letting ya know u mighta messed something up by over reving? just trying to think of y it would smoke badly

i think all two strokes smoke until warmed up... a good way to tell when its ready to go is feel the exhaust blowing out, it will blow out cold for about 3 to 5 minutes or less, when it blows out hot its ready to go, always warm up!