Stator issue?

Shakewells

Jul 16, 2014
Allentown
05blaster 5wire stator. I have no spark! I fixed the flywheel key and now I have no spark. Upon taking it off I had a screwdriver in the flywheel for resistance so I could get the bolt off since I don't have a impact gun. Anyways I chipped a piece of the magneto plastic but nothing major. Now I have no spark. I get light to my headlights when kicking but nothing to the spark plug which is new . I though it could be my cdi but mines worked in my friends blaster. Also when I disconnected the stator wires 3 out of 5 wore connected I forgot which three though and why would that be? It has the 2stroke oil pump thing cut off the parking brake cut off and the key ignition cut off. Please any suggestions could help

i'd say your screwdriver trick broke something more than you think or are admitting.
and be sure all 5 wires are connected color to color, not just 3

05blaster 5wire stator. I have no spark! I fixed the flywheel key and now I have no spark. Upon taking it off I had a screwdriver in the flywheel for resistance so I could get the bolt off since I don't have a impact gun. Anyways I chipped a piece of the magneto plastic

You may need a new ignition stator coil they do not like to be poked!

Thanks for the fast response guys. I'm gonna go to my local atv store tommorow and get a new stator I'm guessing as long as the coils and wires are included after that ill give it a shot and let you's know. I also will be sure to connect all five wires! Why wore two disconnected in the first place I have front and rear brake lights?

In that case I guess ill go used then I know east coast atv is pretty well stocked with blaster parts so if its a bad stator they'll let me keep exchanging it but yeah I'm a probably go that route then. Also the key broke when I was pulling the flywheel off with the flywheel puller tool I heard it snap when the puller was pulling it off. I was cracking the case to clean piston debris from a top end job. Sorry no pics at the moment but will shortly!

Yea top end is done wiseco piston and rings I got the cylinder rehoned gaskets in place great compression no damn spark!

well if your sure you damaged parts then i guess you will need to replace them. if you have tried everything else with no luck.Grounds cleaned,new plug,ect.There is a lot of info in the electrical threads :)

Just got back from the shop and no stators in stock! Does anybody know about aftermarket stators? They have a 45$ caltric stator on ebay! Should I just get that one?

Test the coil out to make doubly sure that it is the problem.
image.jpg

Everyone on here will tell you aftermarket stators are junk... so many threads of people with new ones and can't figure out whats wrong, until they finally switch back to oem

Lol ok so here's the deal ! Just got the aftermarket caltric stator since it was so cheap and once installed I have spark! It still doesn't start though! It sounds like it wants too so bad it even ran for a few seconds after spraying a tiny bit of starter fluid. Mind you I just did a fresh top end and had a wiesco poston and rings with a .5 overbite and had the cylinder rehoned to fit. Other then that it ran fine until the top end went. I wish I never messed around with the stator side but where do I begin now? Tried the timing a few times tried new spark plug also recleaned the carb where do I go now?

Everyone on here will tell you aftermarket stators are junk... so many threads of people with new ones and can't figure out whats wrong, until they finally switch back to oem

They can put out spark and even read perfectly when tested and still be junk!

I get a smell of gas but when removing the plug no wetness. So tbrooks as far as the stator what test can I do to see if its bad? I'm just trying to save a lil but if I have to get a oem one then I guess I have to but I just do t get it if its getting spark when I kick it every time what issues can be with the stator?

A-MEN lol hard to say with the stator.Well here we go again,
ANSWER ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS EVERYONE.

did you do a compression test,not it seems hard to kick or i put my finder over it?
you said you cleaned carb,did you hold pilot jet up to light and were able to see through it?
are the reeds sealing properly against cage or in good shape?
How are the key wires that are disconnected?
what plug is in it?
free flowing fuel from tank to carb? choke pulled out,does your choke stay out or go back in after you've kicked it once?
also what caused your quad to stop running,did top end break off, just curios on this one:)

If you removed the TORS, did you ground the yellow/black wire? On the 03-06 the TORS is built into the CDI. The CDI must see the yellow/black wire grounded for it to run. If it's not grounded, the motor will only fire a couple times each time you kick it over. It is not necessary to ground both the thumb throttle and carb TORS connectors. Just 1 will do.

Reactions: richransom80