Starting my hydro conversion search

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
Just bought my first piece. I scored a set of yfz450 hubs and rotors on egay for 19 bux shipped! I'll keep this updated as I buy more and take pictures! If anyone has any tips, hints, etc, let me know!

AWK thanks for the help man! It's much appreciated!

when using different systems on my bike, the splitters were the tricky part, i had to actually use both splitters, banshee and raptor, to connect it all, cause on the banshee top section, the line to the lever is one piece with the splitter, but the hard lines coming out screwed right into the raptor splitter, so i just blocked one off,
if you run into troubles there gimme a holler, i have pics

instead of running a splitter, you could do a double banjo bolt and run 2 long braided stainless lines to the hydros

/\/\/\/\ of course thats always another $70 option

instead of running a splitter, you could do a double banjo bolt and run 2 long braided stainless lines to the hydros

Yeah, I actually planned on that. The lines, washers, and bolts are 50 bux on ebay. I already decided the splitter would be a pain in the ass and to just run the double banjo bolt. The steel braided lines look better too. Only thing is, the double banjo bolt is weaker. We were doing brakes on my buddy's LT250QuadRacer. We over tightened the double banjo just a little too much and it snapped right at the port where the fluid goes through the bolt.

Only question I have about that is if the lines have to be different sizes at both ends to adapt to the master cylinder and calipers since I have YFZ450 hubs on the way, and am probably going to end up with a banshee master cylinder. I guess I'll find out whenever I get all my stuff.

most likely they'll use 10mm banjo bolts on either end.

and as for flipping the front wheels, you can get really short valvestems that will let you keep them flipped.

Curious, why not use the banshee/yfz450/warrior whole front brake setup (reservior, lever/lines, etc)

Thats what I planned on doing.

Im doing a YFZ450 front brake conversion as well.

Never had my hands on a set of YZF hubs, so I'm not sure about compatibility with my conversion spindles. I know the Raptor 660 hubs are not. Otherwise calipers, lines and master cylinders are all a go! The dual piston calipers (ala yzf and raptor 700s) have the same mounting geometry as the single calipers. Waiting on a set of Raptor 250 calipers right now. They look a bit different but I'm betting they will bolt up like all the rest. I'll let you know.

N

Curious, why not use the banshee/yfz450/warrior whole front brake setup (reservior, lever/lines, etc)

Thats what I planned on doing.

Im doing a YFZ450 front brake conversion as well.

I'm using whatever I can get my hands on cheep. The yfz450 calipers are more expensive because they are dual piston.

Never had my hands on a set of YZF hubs, so I'm not sure about compatibility with my conversion spindles. I know the Raptor 660 hubs are not. Otherwise calipers, lines and master cylinders are all a go! The dual piston calipers (ala yzf and raptor 700s) have the same mounting geometry as the single calipers. Waiting on a set of Raptor 250 calipers right now. They look a bit different but I'm betting they will bolt up like all the rest. I'll let you know.

N

OK thanks man. I'll let you know about the hubs when I get them. I'll be sending to your paypal account soon for the spindles.

On other note, my buddy just gave me a master cylinder and lever from a CBR600. The reservoir is HUGE, but it's free, and it's the same bolt as everything else.

my one blaster has warrior front brakes on it and they work super good, it will lock the fronts up anytime you want, so i really dont see a need to buy the super expensive 450 calipers. and as far as keeping the front wheels flipped i just put the valve stem in backwards so the stem is inside the tire and i redrilled the wheels on the outside for another valve stem

my one blaster has warrior front brakes on it and they work super good, it will lock the fronts up anytime you want, so i really dont see a need to buy the super expensive 450 calipers. and as far as keeping the front wheels flipped i just put the valve stem in backwards so the stem is inside the tire and i redrilled the wheels on the outside for another valve stem

That's a really good idea man! Thanks!

Add Raptor 250 calipers to the list of "compatible with hydro spindles." Similar design to the YZF calipers but with a single piston.

N