st joe state park

mdebuck

May 30, 2008
fior $3 bucks per atv, dirt bike or off road vehicle including jeeps dune buggies etc. gets you a whole day of fun riding, the main part of st joe is its sand flats, trails and huge lakes, not sure on how good the fishing is there but one of the lakes allows you to go swimming, i beleive to camp its only $13 bucks great time with friends or family or both lol

st.joe

I live about 10 mins away from st.joe state park and its fairly cheap to ride all day. I love ridin out there.Only bad thing is u half to be careful on the trails .Because on busy weekends people fly on them and the trails are both ways .

any got it pointed out on google by chance i would love to try this out.

i live in lawrence but it's not that far..

PERRY get boring after a while need something new

i try to go there a lot my self it,s off hwy67 lot of fun out there you have sand flats ,mud, water , and ,trails, with a few monster hills

I live outside of bonne
terre, close to terre du lac.
Im maybe 20 minutes
from st. Joe. Iv rode there
100 times easily, lol. It is
alot of fun. Go during a
week day on a cold winter
day. Me and friends have
litterally been the only
ones on the riding area.

Yea go during the week days. me and my buddys went on a Wednesday and it was just us. they are going to raise the fee to get in to $8 i think i dont know when tho.

who cares lol 8 dollars is still cheap for 2000 acres..i cant wait to go back...and yea if u go durring the week...there is noone there. i went on a saturday and the guest count was over 600

oldskoolracer ,
have you ever bee to school creek? In junction city , kansas? I went there for the first time on my birthday. It was AWESOME! It's all trails with hills but , it's still great. I live in South KC. Has anybody else been to school creek or merwin? I've been to both so far , and I love them. Is anybody near my area?

i went to merwin in the early part of summer and it blew balls for $10. I was hugely dissappointed. Half the trails were blocked by downed trees, the main trail had a culvert washout that was like a 6 foot hole in the ground and its only like less than 100 acres. I'll never go back that's for sure, not on a quad anyway. If I had a dirtbike the money may be worth a day of playing on the mx track, but not for the trails that lasted 30 minutes to conquer. I live in peculiar, where in skc you from?

yes st. joe is a great place to ride i live about 5 miles away it is very family orented and there is plenty of things to do like camping and fishing and swiming if you are looking for a good ride area than this is a good one

$5 to get in no matter what u drive. must have helmets and flags(except on dirt bikes) 2000+ acres of wood and sand. this is there website good to check it to see if any pro races have the main trails closed St. Joe State Park - Home - Missouri State Parks and Historic Sites, DNR Well worth the drive especially for 5 bucks to ride all day. i live 30 mins away and go every time i can. during the summer they will have a vendor there to sell food and drink, there are also bbq pits and benches so easy to bbq and make a full day of it. riding during the week is a good idea the weekends get really busy but you can see some good races. during the week some days you can be by yourself. any one wanna go ride just hit me up.
016945-R1-00-23A.jpg

016945-R1-02-21A.jpg

016945-R1-07-16A.jpg

016945-R1-10-13A.jpg

016945-R1-12-11A.jpg

016945-R1-13-10A.jpg

all from st joe

I'll be there April 23rd. The group fixing all the trails is having a poker run outside the normal riding area. I haven't heard of the food vender. Do you know were that will be?

No ... I go to Finger Lakes just north of Columbia and the reason for the rate increase is ( they sent out a kinda like poll thingy last year to anyone thats registered or previously utilized the campgrounds . )
Plain and simple ... the choices were to either cut back on the rangers hours of duty per day , the amount of time the rangers were physically at the parks , raise the riding fee and camping fee or ... ( and I can't remember the "or" right now - LOL )
Anyway ... ever try FINGER LAKES over there ? ( just north of I-70 a few miles on US 63 on the east side of the road .
has over 70 miles of trails you can run . ( also has a swimming hole , fishing and camping - both for campers and tents ) never been to the one in St Joe , but , the trails over at Finger Lakes is GREAT ! ( should have moved to MO instead of Iowa - :( )

Yes we do get up to Finger Lakes. Group seems to like it more since some of the trails are more technical than st Joe. I will still be going to St. Joe this weekend, but it is actually Sat. the 24th. I'll be there rain or shine. Be riding from 10-2 out of the normal area for the poker run, then probably everywhere else in the park till 4 or 5. Should be in a tinted reg cab black Chevy full size w/ step side bed. May or may not have a small 4x8 trailer. I'll have my black and blue 03 Blaster. Stop by or wave me down if anyone will be there. Bill