sprucing up a beat up blaster

Nov 1, 2013
Batesville arkansas
So I got this blaster last weekend(my first ever quad of any kind). Plastics were all beat to pieces so I decided to try my hand at a 20 dollar paint job. I was in a hurry so it aint perfect but it looks a lot better than it did. Clear coated the snot out of it so maybe it will last a while.

Attachments

• 'lakjsdg'lkang'ljkn.jpg
    'lakjsdg'lkang'ljkn.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 639
  • resized blaster photo.jpg
    resized blaster photo.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 586
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! And yes I am planning on getting the frame powder coated. I am not a very good mechanic so it will take me a while of getting used to working on it to feel comfortable enough to strip it down to nothing but frame but hopefully soon! And thanks for the info on the pics and fixing the ones I uploaded!

Will not take you long to learn the way around a Blaster, and the bonus is that there are many guys that will hold your hand on BF and help.

Hey man Im in the same boat as you I have my blaster ripped down to the frame now im working on getting it stripped to have it powder coated. I also don't have the money for new plastic, what kind of paint did you use ?

Mine was just a spray paint job. I cleaned and decreased the plastics first. Then sanded them down with a fine grit sand paper. I bought krylon spray paint. Be sure and use primer first. When you spray spray a very thin layer first and let that dry. The. Go back with a heavier coat. It took one layer of proper and two coats of color to get my done. I went the extra step and bought 2 cans of of clear coat . Took me 1 can of primer, 2 cans of color, 1 can of accent, and 2 cans clear coat. Total was around 25 bucks