Spooge Machine...

DeJay1206

Sep 17, 2013
Leechburg, PA
So, trying to get the jetting down on my RM 250. There's an excessive amount of spooge coming out of the exhaust. There's drops of it on the swingarm and the rear caliper and one side of my rear fender has been spooged black. Call it a custom paint job!

This might be normal, as I'm still getting used to the bike and am usually putting around in the woods and not in the powerband until I hit a hill or long straightaway.

I checked the plug and it looks fine, not excessively oily. I will say that I did foul a plug a few weeks ago.

But. not sure if all this is due to me putting, or improper jetting.

So, trying to get the jetting down on my RM 250. There's an excessive amount of spooge coming out of the exhaust. There's drops of it on the swingarm and the rear caliper and one side of my rear fender has been spooged black. Call it a custom paint job!

This might be normal, as I'm still getting used to the bike and am usually putting around in the woods and not in the powerband until I hit a hill or long straightaway.

I checked the plug and it looks fine, not excessively oily. I will say that I did foul a plug a few weeks ago.

But. not sure if all this is due to me putting, or improper jetting.
Black spooge ? Doctors got a shot for that ! :p Sounds like the exhaust needs to be cleaned out and re- packed. Check for correct heat range plug too.

Reactions: DeJay1206
Black spooge ? Doctors got a shot for that ! :p Sounds like the exhaust needs to be cleaned out and re- packed. Check for correct heat range plug too.
Hahahahaha
Now that I think about it, when I repacked the silencer I didn't have enough packing to get it super tight... I mean, it squeezed into the exhaust but it wasn't real tight around the core. Maybe I don't have enough packing?

I just put new packing in a few weeks ago.
Crank seals were just replaced, but I didn't do it. I kinda figured it was a jetting issue.
Jetting, but you said plug looked good. or maybe a rider issue 2 strokes don't like putting- around. Could try a step hotter plug till you get better at riding it.

hows it ride? pretty quick? what pipe are you running. the one im working on is a pro.curcuit pipe for hight end. it scream with the twist of the grip. the ony thing i don't like about it so far is the cheesy hand controls and the twist grip. it isnt an1/4 twist, seems to take a lot of wrist action. im not used to that.

hows it ride? pretty quick? what pipe are you running. the one im working on is a pro.curcuit pipe for hight end. it scream with the twist of the grip. the ony thing i don't like about it so far is the cheesy hand controls and the twist grip. it isnt an1/4 twist, seems to take a lot of wrist action. im not used to that.

This thing rides amazing. It's crazy fast. I have a fmf fatty pipe with a pro circuit silencer.

Spooge is a normal exhaust phenomenon for new riders. Don't bother jetting around it because the first time you get that engine to do what it was born to do (SCAREEEEAM) spooge will no longer be an issue. Way back in the day, Suzuki built that thing to do one thing and one thing only...........win races. Winning motocross races requires skills, practice, money, and a rider that knows all spooge will cease to exist when the grip on the right side of the bars (throttle) is twisted wide at every possible opportunity. You got an old school race bike my friend and it wants you to show it who's boss. It's not a Blaster, trail bike, or Harley and if you treat it as such, she'll laugh at you as you push her 200 lbs ass out of the woods because you fouled another plug. Use the force and hold her wide when you can. She'll love you for it. My bud Dave has a 92 KOR built RM250. He rides the sh*t out of it (Vet trail rider) and he loves it. We made some changes to the port height by cutting the base of the cylinder and adjusted the squish from there. The mods made it much easier to ride in the woods and it pulls holeshots like a new bike.

Spooge is a normal exhaust phenomenon for new riders. Don't bother jetting around it because the first time you get that engine to do what it was born to do (SCAREEEEAM) spooge will no longer be an issue. Way back in the day, Suzuki built that thing to do one thing and one thing only...........win races. Winning motocross races requires skills, practice, money, and a rider that knows all spooge will cease to exist when the grip on the right side of the bars (throttle) is twisted wide at every possible opportunity. You got an old school race bike my friend and it wants you to show it who's boss. It's not a Blaster, trail bike, or Harley and if you treat it as such, she'll laugh at you as you push her 200 lbs ass out of the woods because you fouled another plug. Use the force and hold her wide when you can. She'll love you for it. My bud Dave has a 92 KOR built RM250. He rides the sh*t out of it (Vet trail rider) and he loves it. We made some changes to the port height by cutting the base of the cylinder and adjusted the squish from there. The mods made it much easier to ride in the woods and it pulls holeshots like a new bike.

Once I get used to it I wanna get some port work done. Not sure what the best course of action would be. Assuming a single port would be perfect. I'm getting a flywheel weight too, been reading up on them and seems like they're goodbforbthe trails.

as a case reed motor, stock suzuki didnt cut the boyesen ports in it. the 95 im working on has them molded in but not cut open. if yours is the way, you might look to have them drilled out and blended. when you pull the cylinder off, you will see what im talking about. KOR may know too. something to think about. this 95, had it been my bike, i would jave opened them up while i had it apart.

A single port what? If you buy a flywheel weight, toss it into your deep sea tackle box. Old school tech. Move the power where you want it by adjusting the ports where you want them to open (kind of like porting but we call it milling). Adjust squish and you're in. You have an adjustable power valve on that engine. You can mess with the spring tension and make the power valve open at different RPMs. You can tame the little biotch like that until you get used to it. I can make that thing run like a moped just by turning a few screws. Back in the day, we would pin the valve wide open for all the fast dudes. We still do it for the carting guys. A factory (Suzuki) manual goes a long way. Reading it goes even farther. Read up on the power valve adjustment and start there.

A single port what? If you buy a flywheel weight, toss it into your deep sea tackle box. Old school tech. Move the power where you want it by adjusting the ports where you want them to open (kind of like porting but we call it milling). Adjust squish and you're in. You have an adjustable power valve on that engine. You can mess with the spring tension and make the power valve open at different RPMs. You can tame the little biotch like that until you get used to it. I can make that thing run like a moped just by turning a few screws. Back in the day, we would pin the valve wide open for all the fast dudes. We still do it for the carting guys. A factory (Suzuki) manual goes a long way. Reading it goes even farther. Read up on the power valve adjustment and start there.

Yeah, I got a clymers for it. I adjusted the power valves for low end right now until I'm used to it. Gonna set them back to stock settings once I'm comfortable enough to do so.
I'd like to get more low/mid range out of it. What would it run me after this season is over to send it out and get you to do me up?

Assuming a single port would be perfect.

A single port what?

popefacepalm-meme-generator-aw-jeez-not-this-sh*t-again-949355.jpg

A Nissan is not a BMW. A Harley is not a Tomos. A Clymer manual is not a Suzuki manual. Factory manuals are year/ model specific, are easier to interpret, and provide more detail. Well worth the extra loot. Good luck with your project Boss.

A Nissan is not a BMW. A Harley is not a Tomos. A Clymer manual is not a Suzuki manual. Factory manuals are year/ model specific, are easier to interpret, and provide more detail. Well worth the extra loot. Good luck with your project Boss.

I forgot to mention that I have a Suzuki service manual also lol