Speedy's MX build

speedemon17

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
ok everyone we have decided to rebuild my 240 and i am hoping to have it done by next springbut might take longer yes a slow rebuild since schools coming up i will only have the weekends but i got some real nice ideas Chassis | Suspension | Controls:
A Arms: red lowers/chrome tops
Swingarm: red or find a roundhouse
Steering Stem: dosent matter as long as it has one
Stabilizer: any
Axle : gforce
Carrier: whatever awk has on his
Locknut: gforce
Hubs F|R: hydro front/yfz rear
Bars: fasst flexx bars/atv fourplay
Throttle/Clutch Lever: asv clutch lever/moose throttle
Grips: AME grips odi lock on
Nerfs: ac race nerfs/xfr race nerfs
Bumper: dg national series
Grab Bar: ac
Front Shocks: elka or a piggyback set
Rear Shock: 400ex
Brake Lines: speedlines
Rims F|R: hyper beadlock (RED)
Tires F|R:razr mx fronts/itp holeshot mxr6 rears

Body: maier hood 250r add on
Frame: 03+
Plastic: maier
Graphics|Seat Cover: factory7/red and black seat cover
Number Backgrounds: black of some sort o brand idk???:-/
Handguards: powermadd
Bar Pad: fasst flexx
Fuel Tank: stock

Engine|Drive System: yz250f
Cylinder|Head: Displacement: 249
Cam: hot cams
Carburetor: keihn fcr
Air Filter|Box: sms airbox
Pipe|Silencer: pro circuit header going to fab up a gytr raptor 250 silencer
Clutch|Plates: hinson all the way
Gearing F|R: lets wait and find out
CDI|Killswitch: idk?/pro armor
Cooling: liquid yfz450 radiator
Other:maier red plastics all the way around billet gas cap ooo just wait until the end trying to find a yz250f motor but i got to talk to someone or check the rules to see if i can switch motors and still be legal in the jr woodsman class may have to stick with the 240 if so i will get it flotek or ken ported and get a +3 or +4 crank just wait here is a look on the plastic deal
e5fokp.jpg

10p649c.jpg

sey4bq.jpg

16bdcag.jpg

i went to the medina county fair and well the guys in my class drove like they drove like some drunk dude on a tricycle trying to do a wheelie
that is how fast they where going maybe a little slower anyway here is what my dream mod list will be

Last edited by a moderator:
screw that 250f pos, do a +4 longrod with ur motor. they can say sh*t then! what they dont know wont hurt em in open class if thats what ur runnin, been awhile since i have run em. looking into flat track nearby.

true i will go with a stroke and a port job to settle everything and i cant race this year gotta wait till i turn 13 and then i can race and by then the season will be over so i have to wait till next season here is a pic from the back where is kronick when you neeed him i have spent forever doing theese pics

Last edited:
WOW i madde this thread in perfect timing today i was riding it and i heard this noise in my motor and when i stopped to listen to it i heard part of my piston go right threw the exhaust and wendell says i blew the crank rod because it sounds like someone threw in a couple of rocks in my top end its really noise but here comes the rebuild ALOT sooner than expected but we dont have the money to be buying any parts yet because of some outrageous hospital bills and then my bike wont idle it will idle like ding-ding-ding-ding instead of a solid ding...........

Scored a set of banshee full peg nerf bars at kames sports I saw them and I'm like dang and when I saw the price had to signal my pap to come over and see theese and when I looked at the pricectag I'm like double dang because they were on sale for77 bucks and their retail price was 250 and I'm gonna fab them up to fit I will post pics in a minute

Sweet score on them nerfs, you'll need to make straight pipe pegs out of yours for them to mount,like I had to do, lemme know if you need pics, info or help

I'll defiantly need pics and yea mg pap told me all about what we are going to do we are putting the yfz heelguards on his bike we wont have to modify thhem at all because he is going to run double footegs and we are going to saw off the right footpeg and keep the part where it stops the kick starter and get another tube welded in to that well that is our idea anyway I lined up my nerfs to pegs and for some reason the left one touches my tire but the right one dosent

got the nerfs on and i havent been updating it much because we are hearing this weird tick in the motor so we took it apart 3 times i put in the +3mm stroker and i put a new piston in rings in it the reason i dont have pics yet is because i am taking it apart again this winter to paint it but i also took on a new project i got another blaster its a 99 and i will post pics of it also

ok need some opinions on graphics and color i am wanting to do either red a-arms with a red swingarm and black frame or black a-arms and black swinger with red frame going with red plastics though

MY FACTORY7 WISHLIST
ok i am going to run this hood because my main reason for going red was to be different and i am a official ohio state buckeye but i am going to run the factory7 v3 hood because its my favorite one and so on
this hood will be red i am going to send my new maier hood over to them once i get it
6ozb6g.jpg

gonna get a carbon fiber top to go with the tank
205xq4x.jpg

it goes on top of the tank here is what it looks like on the bike
313pz7o.jpg

here are the number back grounds i'm going to use
29zwk93.jpg

going to fab up another way to mount theese
r8s35u.jpg

here is the hotwire cord i am going to use with a hotter coil
2lcig.gif

Last edited:
what is that carbon fiber looking piece ??????????????

What type of air box is that?

I love the nerf bars want some myself just money isnt liking me. lol

snyder motorsports 250r style airbox has a hug end on it where it sucks the air and i got theese nerfs for 77 bux