Spark plug wire help!!!

rgpannell

Jan 1, 2010
Northeast Mississippi.
AIght so some how when I was tearing my blasty down to get ready to paint the frame I tore the plug cap off the wire. I know the wire is made to the coil but u can replace the cap so I'm wondering if I can fix mine I got like 4 little wires coming out of the coil wire then on the inside of the cap it looks like a screw inside there so where does all the wires hook up? Help plz!

there should only be one wire if its like a auto plug while.....you just fold the wire over the side and clamp the little metal plug clip on and put the boot on

ok the wire runs from the coil into the cap (or boot) it broke inside the cap. I know what u r talking about that metal clip but this isn't like that it has like 3 or 4 wires

Forgot to unhook your plug wire before trying to pull the engine, huh? Yup, I've done that before... Here's what happened. The spark plug boot assembly is simply screwed into the center of the coil wire. When you accidentally pulled the boot off, the wire started to come with it and frayed out all over the place. Your high-tension lead (spark plug wire) is composed of several small strands of wire, braided together into one heavier-gauge wire. The several 'small' wires you are now looking at are those individual wires that have come apart.

I'd take your cutters and snip away the frayed 1/4" or so of the spark plug wire. Don't shorten it too much! Then, just screw the plug boot back onto the wire, and you're good to go! If you wind up experiencing ignition troubles later, you may have accidentally tugged the high-tension wire out of the coil itself. In this case, the coil will have to be replaced, but if just the plug boot was torn off, you can fix it as I described above and be good to go. Should you need a whole new ignition coil, they can be had off ebay for about $ 25.00. I:I

Reactions: DUALSTROKE
Forgot to unhook your plug wire before trying to pull the engine, huh? Yup, I've done that before... Here's what happened. The spark plug boot assembly is simply screwed into the center of the coil wire. When you accidentally pulled the boot off, the wire started to come with it and frayed out all over the place. Your high-tension lead (spark plug wire) is composed of several small strands of wire, braided together into one heavier-gauge wire. The several 'small' wires you are now looking at are those individual wires that have come apart.

I'd take your cutters and snip away the frayed 1/4" or so of the spark plug wire. Don't shorten it too much! Then, just screw the plug boot back onto the wire, and you're good to go! If you wind up experiencing ignition troubles later, you may have accidentally tugged the high-tension wire out of the coil itself. In this case, the coil will have to be replaced, but if just the plug boot was torn off, you can fix it as I described above and be good to go. Should you need a whole new ignition coil, they can be had off ebay for about $ 25.00. I:I

Very good explanation.You saved me alot of typing.+ rep earned.

If you are getting a new cap, you might think about getting the non-vibrating one. It will fit better on the plug and last longer. They run around $7.00.

Just screw the cap back on the wires all the wires just need to touch the metal screw in the cap. To secure a nice fit I would take some wire snips and cut the wire about a half inch down and then screw it on. If your cap has the metal piece coming out then you need a new cap which is only like $10.