Some powder

CrownCustom

Jan 18, 2014
South East Kansas
Been coating a few thing, most are from my 400 ex, and took on a 1.3 mega pixel phone camera but here are a few:

0331140448.jpg

0331140511.jpg

Cant see the actual quality in these pics but both have sunburst flake in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice work !

choose full size, not thumbnail, to have the pic show up like i made them above :)

Looks like someone got an Eastwood set up. I bought one last year and I love it. Powder coating isn't rocket science and anyone with a gun can do it. I paid $230 for a dual voltage "starter kit". It came with some tape, rubber plugs for holes, some powder, containers, and the gun. I followed the directions and the rest is history. If you look at what some of the Pros charge for this service, it just makes sense to buy your own gun and DIY. Congrats on the new gun and have fun. The parts look great.

No started with a harbor freight, but stepped it up to a EZ100, and worth every penny. I can take ripped up parts and lay a thick base coat which essentially fills in all small cuts. Right now Im working on a big oven.
0404141139.jpg

That pics about a week old, the frames all welded up and 2/3 of my floor and insulations been laid. People have been wanting me to coat their motor cycles and brush guards so had to step up my capability.

Then Ive got a 6X8 filtered spray booth, but Its WAY ghetto so the pics will be withheld to maintain a semi professional image.

And O'connor, If you switch from the eastwood powder to powder365.com powders it is a game changer. Love em and they don't need the pre heat to get them to lay ideally.

Reactions: benharcombe1985
yep been workin on mine for well over 15 hrs now, got the floors laid and insulated and the back wall tonight.

Another 8 hrs spent on the new oven
0408141213.jpg

Reactions: bummer981
theres actually a 3rd and more going in. 10,000 w atm, but ive got a few more goin in

I actually have a back up generator Im planning to use for pre heat. Itll have enough insulation to keep it hot with 3 but the 3 would take about an hour to get up to temp.

0405141812.jpg
0409141956.jpg

Are you going to mount all the elements on one side to provide air circulation, or will they be spaced all around the bottom for a more static heat?

kinda debating which way to go. Ive got 2 on the floor, and one in the rear. Im running them off seperate thermostats, so when each heat zone gets to the temp itll cut off. But im buildin it so I can change layout and what not. My thought at the moment is static heat just so it doesn't blow off my powder, where a convection fan might. Also the inside is built of aluminum which will radiate the heat nicely.

and herpderplol, u could look up an IR light, I didnt have good luck with one, but got a short wave where a medium might have worked better

ya, but again im get so much heat off the aluminum, I dont think itll be an issue. If it is well make adjustments.

Some powder coated blue foot rests
0809142114a.jpg

Recent powder coat
0815142337.jpg

Close up of a few
0815142026a.jpg

Red
0815142230c.jpg

Another red
0815142210.jpg

Up next
0815141852d.jpg

You could heat up the oven with convection, then switch to static to put the frame in
Well, scrapped out the old oven and bought one. This is how its set up, but actually run it opposite of this. Goes it off, and after the powder has liquidized and stats to cure I kick them on to get even heat.