small tires

If you MX a blaster then the 18" tires are the standard, some are just following the trend. Also for the blasters 8" rims it's hard to find an aggressive square tread tire, in 20 or 22 inches and they often cost more. Most people don't spend alot of time looking for tires, they get what's available and inexpensive, unfortunately for some of us that is 18" MX tires, or 22" round ATC tires.

Yes you can find descent deals on 20 and 22 inch MX style tires for the 8" rims, and you can also find some All terrain treaded tires in 22" that are 4 or 6 ply rated and can be run with lower pressure and get all the tread squared off and on the ground.

Mine came with 18x10.50x8 on the rear with 3.5inch aluminum spacers also rear, and stock width on the front, it made it handle odd seemed like it slid around so easily that you couldn't put the power down in the corners without flat tracking it.
I flipped the front rims over equivalent to a 1.5 or 2 inch spacer and it handled nicely, but it just felt to wide and low in the rearfor my purposes. Even when I was careful I would end up having to beat the guard back down off the Chain guide.

Reactions: jvb
they drew the short straw and got assigned to clear all the trails of every rock and root.
so they throw 18's on to lower the axle carrier another 2",
ensuring they catch everything on the trails in one pass
:)

LMAO They forgot to hand out the unobtainium swing arm/ carrier guards on clean-up day.

Reactions: Awk08
I've got 18's on my rear now and I didn't know much about selecting the right tire when I got them. But I will say that they make driving on gravel roads real fun! (lots of wheel spin) :)

Ok, I mostly ride roads and open fields

20's will suit you better for that riding.

with stock 13/40 gears............
20's are going to give you higher top speed
18's will make you quicker out of the hole/turns and to get to top speed, but less overall mph. < another reason mx riders use 18's

with gearing changes, both tire sizes can be made to do the same thing.
nothing can get the axle/carrier off the ground except taller tires

Reactions: Iwantablaster
i was gonna ask this same question because i love itp turf tamers and cannot find a pair over 18" its frustrating but i do like the wheel spin but id prefer at least a 20". now that i remember i had a blaster 15 or so years ago that was stolen and i got it back about 5 years later and it had a pair of 21" TT type tires on it wish i had remembered the brand lol.