should i shorten my fmf power core?

blasterboy 2000

Sep 2, 2011
i have a fmf power core not the power care 2 and i want some more low end power i had alot of top end on it the last time it was running. but that was with a bigger bore on it. i only want to take of 2 inches or so would i see a difference in low end?

i think by shortning the silencer you will gain topend

one i read on fmf is that the shorty has more low end. then the power cores. then one i read some on other forums from what others had said they gained more mid and lows by makeing them a little shorter? i may be wrong tho

I have the Dmc alien and its Long , Sticks out past the fender about 4-5" Inches , and it has Great low-mid And Good top end pull as well , only other real mods are Reed spacer on the Jug , and Polished exhaust port !

I have the Dmc alien and its Long , Sticks out past the fender about 4-5" Inches , and it has Great low-mid And Good top end pull as well , only other real mods are Reed spacer on the Jug , and Polished exhaust port !

exhaust port was polished. but leave it long then?

Its your call to modify it ! , I was just trying to suggest a Different Pipe combo and it might show Different !

well i want your input on it. i want to throw a toomey silencer on it with the fmf expansion pipe i heard that is pretty nice to run but i dont have the money for a toomey right now

I have heard the same , Some silencers work well , and or better than the Matching head pipe , I have only had DG and the Dmc , and I can tell with the Dmc that it has more low end than the DG and also Pulls harder on top end , but i have not tried those pipes on the same motor , so who's to say if it was that much of a Difference !

If you are looking for more low end power modify your head or go down a gear. running an fmf gives you a really good low end already. silencer mods give next to nothing for power gains

I have heard the same , Some silencers work well , and or better than the Matching head pipe , I have only had DG and the Dmc , and I can tell with the Dmc that it has more low end than the DG and also Pulls harder on top end , but i have not tried those pipes on the same motor , so who's to say if it was that much of a Difference !

ken said that those are good combos. i will have to mess around with a couple different kinds to find what i like for it. waiting on seals and gaskets then it will be together.

i shortened my LRD silencer, not sure if it did anything power wise, but sure looks a helluva lot better than sticking way out past the plastics like it was orphaned from some dirtbike

i shortened my LRD silencer, not sure if it did anything power wise, but sure looks a helluva lot better than sticking way out past the plastics like it was orphaned from some dirtbike

did it give it any sound difference? mine sticks out a good 3 inches from the plastics its almost been tore off in some wheelies. i dont have a grab bar so going back wards isnt good thanks god for back breaks. lol

did it give it any sound difference? mine sticks out a good 3 inches from the plastics its almost been tore off in some wheelies. i dont have a grab bar so going back wards isnt good thanks god for back breaks. lol

i cut almost 3 inches off of it, for looks and just what you described...getting hit if ever stood up and over, can't say i noticed anything sound wise either ???

i cut almost 3 inches off of it, for looks and just what you described...getting hit if ever stood up and over, can't say i noticed anything sound wise either ???

i still might cut a little off mine i will run it long for a while then maybe cut it idk.

i still might cut a little off mine i will run it long for a while then maybe cut it idk.

just do it !!!!!
i've seen quite a few of them FMF silencers dinged on the end from over wheelie'n

Over wheelie'n,we need to add that to the dictionary hhehhee.i like it.
that is like,so much better than a standard wheelie.be right back ima try it hehe.

I actualy over wheelie'd not long aggo,wrecked my grab bar,causing me to rebuild it betterer.Gotta get a new camera.Came out nice tho,i basical used angle iron and made it wider,able to cary stuff and more to grab onto.then painted it black.pretty stout now hehe.