should i get this lt 80

Wish it was near me ... wonder what 20%-30% it's missing ... they are electric start so you can't tell much if you cant turn it over ... front brake cables are prolly seized up ... most bushings prolly worn ... be sure the cases aren't broke ... they're really pretty simple once ya get past all the ducting. I'd give him the $150 for the motor in a heart beat if the cases where good, but I really like LT80's :)

I don't know much about these, looks like a very strange design though, especially the exhaust coming out the back like that. Anyways I would go take a look at it and see what you can see. Since it's two stroke that makes it 100x a better buy because rebuilding it won't be a hassle if you have to do that.

yea yz otis do you know alot about these....are parts easy to get....cheap to repair??? how can i tell if the mototr is seized? yea he said it needs front brakes...whats the retail on a good working used one? anyhting else i should look for in these?? any particular spot where case damages would be??

My son had and LT50 it was a 2002, great little machine. It was a very simple machine and easy to work on. I would pick it up. Don't see many youth ATVs and they seem to hold thier value.

blaster2-27-114.jpg

Parts are still available. There where very few changes throughout production so most parts interchange through the years. There's some little mods ya can do to make'm a little quicker. Suspension ain't much but kids don't seem to care :) Be good if ya have a charged motorcycle battery to check it out with & see if the starter works. If the starter turns it over then check the compression. Check cases around mounts for cracks & rear axle case around bracket, shock & skid plate mounts. Having all the plastic cooling shrouds & tubes is important for cooling. An older properly functioning/running LT80 may be worth $600- $1000 depending where ya live. ATV's seem to be higher on the left coast. If ya don't destroy it, it will prolly never depreciate. They may not be as pretty as the China bikes but they're tough. I'm keepin mine around for grandkids & any other kids that wanna learn to ride.
~
Our old LT80's & the tow quad :) there's a Blaster hidden behind the Scrambler ... there's always a Blaster around somewhere!
Lt80sScrambler.jpg

Last edited:
yup, had one fill the motor till it ran out the carb ... LOL ... tipped it up on end & turned it over till most ran out the exhaust ... smoked like crazy till all the oil burned outta the muffler :) Some peeps put a cheap lawnmower type shut off valve in the line to prevent this. The LT80 petcock needs vacuum to work on run so most are left on prime.
http://youtu.be/CkklSxxRq4k

I don't know much about these, looks like a very strange design though, especially the exhaust coming out the back like that. Anyways I would go take a look at it and see what you can see. Since it's two stroke that makes it 100x a better buy because rebuilding it won't be a hassle if you have to do that.

I didn't even notice the exhaust until you said something, that is weird.