shaving head

Mar 29, 2007
pennsylvania
i want to shave my head, trying to get some more power for cheap. i was wondering how much i can shave off without having any problems. i have stock crank, rod, and piston, and run 93 octane.

i was also wondering if it would help to have an aftermarket ignition, i have aftermarket pipe, silencer, reeds, jets, air filter, and removed airbox lid. it doesn't like to putt along at low rpm's, it will miss every now and again, but seems to run fine in mid and high end.
thanks for the help.

Don't

If it already sucks at idle, shaving the head will only increase compression and probably make it worse.

From the look of it, just shaving isn't going to give much. You could mill out some chamber area and increase the volume, but quenching is goiung to be a concern.

Head work ain't Billy Backyard with a Dremel type of stuff. I think it's Pittboss actually does this sh*t. I'd take him up on his offer or at least pick his brain.

A

BTW

I think you are not getting help because you said "without" causing problems and then go on to list problems you have. Shaving the head is not a cure for any problem and can make alot of sh*t worse.
Just fyi.

A

i want to shave my head, trying to get some more power for cheap. i was wondering how much i can shave off without having any problems. i have stock crank, rod, and piston, and run 93 octane.

i was also wondering if it would help to have an aftermarket ignition, i have aftermarket pipe, silencer, reeds, jets, air filter, and removed airbox lid. it doesn't like to putt along at low rpm's, it will miss every now and again, but seems to run fine in mid and high end.
thanks for the help.

u can go .020 without any problem and still run 93 oct. most machine shops that i know charge $20. as for ignitions I run a YZ 125 CDI for a little more top end revs.

i didn't see aftermarket carb on your list of mods. you can run that w/o increasing octane, it may solve your low end issue