Sandblasting

Craigers

Jun 29, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So, in a few months, I'm going to start painting my frame, and I was wanting to have it sandblasted to save me a lot of time. I don't know if anyone in here is from, or around St.Louis, but was hoping to find someone around here that did it cheap. Anybody know anyone from around the St. Louis area?

go to napa and get tailstripII it's an aviation stripper. it will take that paint off no problem. just get ya some good thick rubber gloves. no latex it eats those. they have it in aresol and paint on. both work great in my opinion

go to napa and get tailstripII it's an aviation stripper. it will take that paint off no problem. just get ya some good thick rubber gloves. no latex it eats those. they have it in aresol and paint on. both work great in my opinion

Yea but my blaster is an 89, and has a lot of surface rust on the frame..

rust is ez to sand off. but it you have the money to spend go for it. no clue where to go

What is a good grit to use to get the rust off? I assume I would need a different type of sandpaper as well to make it smooth?
Does anyone know how much it costs to have sandblasting done? Thanks!

try 1500 multi surface and work your way down... to make it easier first use a degreaser kuz you dont want grease getting rubbed around, next use the paint striper scot mentioned now you will rinse the frame with water and begin sanding with 1500 grit and work down as low as you can... it doesn't have to be so deep but just where its nice and smooth now rub it down in alcohol let it dry and paint it...

try 1500 multi surface and work your way down... to make it easier first use a degreaser kuz you dont want grease getting rubbed around, next use the paint striper scot mentioned now you will rinse the frame with water and begin sanding with 1500 grit and work down as low as you can... it doesn't have to be so deep but just where its nice and smooth now rub it down in alcohol let it dry and paint it...

Right on! Thanks you guys! I:I

I just used 2 cans of SEM XXX Aviation Stripper on my frame and it sucks. It worked in some areas but most of the frame looks untouched. 2 Cans too. I followed the instructions precisely and it looks horrible. I would just get it sand blasted and put into a chemical bath to get the paint off.