sandblaster

That gun is for small projects.
You would be re-filling it like every 5 minutes.
Get yourself a 5 gallon bucket and a cheap siphon blaster they are like $20-30.

How does it work? Does take compressed air through one tube and force the sand out the other? Please inform a newb :-[

You fill the bucket with sand and put the metal tube in it.
Connect your air compressor at the gun, pull the trigger and BAM!
The air siphons, or pulls the sand from the bucket and out of your gun.
Works great. I used one for painting my frame on the Blasty.

Better make sure you gotta compressor big enough to handle the blaster...I gotta 30 gallon with a 20 gallon tank piped into that for more capacity and it still continuously ran my compressor when I used the blast cabinet.

I just didn't wanna wire up a 220 outlet and buy a 80 gallon compressor...kinda pricey too..I would have to blast for a bit, wait til the compressor built back up when the sand wasn't cutting anything anymore, and repeat til it was done. I got tired of blasting so much, i went to manually stripping first, then blasting the bare metal for better adhesion of my powder coat.

If you know somebody with a gas compressor ask if you can borrow it.
They are made to be portable and in general kick the crap out of electric compressors in air volume.
A good gas compressor (8hp) stomps even my 220v stand up unit.
I have an old 5hp gas compressor I use from when there is no power on the job.
It's better then any portable electric compressor we have.

What I look for in a compressor if it is electric is a dual cylinder type and the rating as in cfm @ ??? lbs. That tells me that the pick up time is quicker if the numbers are higher. Sandblasting does consume alot of energy, and when you get condensation thru the lines and out of the gun, that really sucks! Gotta keep the condensation bled off at the valve located usually on the bottom of the tank

I did some Blasting on some Banshee parts today.
It is a dirty job, but for pre-paint and powder coat prep there is nothing better.
PA020054.jpg

PA020057.jpg

PA020056.jpg

I always used aluminum oxide media for a good etch on the surface and glass media at low pressures for polishing

You have a blast cabinet or what?
Aluminum oxide is too $$$$$ to spray out in the open.
I use 'ooo' grade sand.
It's $5 for 50lbs.