Sandblaster question?

MercMenace

Mountain Man
Apr 27, 2014
Cheyenne, Wy
you guys that do your own blasting.

What are your opinions on sandblasters? Size, Pots vs. Gravity feed?
Etc...

Going to be starting my own prep and finishing work. Want to get opinions.

I have a large stand up cabinet from harbor freight. Works well for doing swingarms and such. Can get some larger stuff in there. The light sucks cause it broke. The fixture that is. Didn't hold up. Media is a big consideration on what you'll be blasting. Grits and types. I also have a pressure pot for big stuff. It requires either being outside or in a well built booth. I use it outside myself. Also requires way more safety gear. It get sand everywhere. I use it for big stuff and fast blasting. I may even use it to soda blast my car project when it comes time to strip the paint.

I think the only thing I may need to swap out to soda blast with my pot is the ceramic tip. I may need a larger inside diameter nozzle. Other than that, drain the sand out and add soda. My pot is an old school unit my dad had since I was a kid.

The one you posted will need the conversion kit in addition to the pot. Type in soda blaster in your search and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you want to use sand or soda, you want that set up. If you want just soda, they sell soda only blasters.