Rock Run April 28-29

bigwill

Jun 6, 2011
joppa, md
So me and 7 other guys i ride with are heading to rock run the last weekend in april. We are riding both days so if any of you guys wanna come we will be there.

count me in, i'm only a 1/2 hour away, but have never ridden there, i have enuf free riding right here.
but it is always awesome to meet and ride with some new fellow bf.com members !!!!!
but at least revive this thread the week before hand, to remind my old ass, LOL

I'll remind ya awk, just don't make your next ride that weekend. Yeah they claim 50 miles of trails, we will see if its true. We plan on riding open to close both days so we should be able to cover the whole park.

So this is to remind awks old ass that I'm commin his way in about a month or so. It would be cool if we could get some more people to come too.

So this is to remind awks old ass that I'm commin his way in about a month or so. It would be cool if we could get some more people to come too.

reminded !!!!
i'll see what i can do to get some local riders too.

Awk is your white bike gonna be back together before the 28th?

gonna be close,
ken called, he got my motor opened up wednesday, everything looked good, just worn piston/rings, they're prolly already shipped, should be headin back next week sometime

if not i'll have the black bastard there, LOL

Just a reminder that i'm comming out this weekend. Checked the weather channel and theres a chance of rain on saturday and sunday. We're still planning on riding both days.

Just a reminder that i'm comming out this weekend. Checked the weather channel and theres a chance of rain on saturday and sunday. We're still planning on riding both days.

prolly see me saturday afternoon, i forgot turkey/spring gobbler season starts saturday morning, so i'll prolly be hiding in the bushes for a few hours in the morning
maybe i'll watch the weather and pick the nicer of the 2 days

Rock Run is likely to be pretty vacant this weekend,
as Tri-County ATV is having their open house this weekend also, and is only about a 1/2 hr. from R/R,
i've been to this event, and it gets very crowded

Tri-County ATV Recreation and Rescue

I'm fine with there being less people. With all this crazy weather you all are having I'm wondering which tires I should have on my blasty.

I did make it up to Rock Run yesterday to meet up with BigWill and crew
lemme tell ya, it's difficult for me to find guys around here who can run as hard and long as we did yesterday, but Will and his crew can "Get 'Er Done"
(and thanx again for the tank of fuel Will)
AWESOME TIME !
can't wait to rock it again at AWR IV !

my neighbor Matt asked to tag along in his 660 rhino, he met these guys up there on saturday when Wills uncle crashed hard, and matt hauled him back to the trucks, and somehow they all figured out they knew me ??
lemme just say.....i never new any side by side was capable of the sh*t he was doing...tight trails, hill climbs, rock ledges, some very very steep downhills, ect.
we were all just shaking our heads all day !!!!!!
he actually led the group about 1/2 the time as he knows the trails, and hung right with us the rest of the time

Will had the Go-Pro running all day, hope he edits and posts some vids !!!!
hope to see the vids of the big man wrecking/rolling down the road at about 30 mph !!!
(i also think he was tryin to tell me sumthin about his CT240 beast, he had the go-pro on the back of his helmet, LOL)

I didn't get many pics, as we were too busy tearing it up, but here's a few i grabbed .........

BigWill tightening his chain
2hcosh2.jpg

Wills utility quad buds swamping it up
28i865u.jpg

VIDEO0233 - YouTube

these guys know how to pack some ATV's !!!!
1zbw83n.jpg

j6iz5e.jpg

little vid i took of what riding area you can see from the parking area, this is just a very small portion of it, this place is huge, and i think everything you can see in this vid, is rideable, i think matt said 80 miles of trails so far,
and working on making 200 total miles of trails !!!!!

disregaurd the sound, it was windy as hell......
VIDEO0234 - YouTube

Im gonna try and get those vids up sometime soon. I am working on moving for the next 2 weeks so it might take a while. I did get a chance to do a quick run through of the videos i got and i dont think my crash was in there. But the other thing is, lol. Almost all the guys who came to rock run will be comming to AWR IV. We had a blast and im glad you were able to make it out.

Almost all the guys who came to rock run will be comming to AWR IV. We had a blast and im glad you were able to make it out.

awsome, looks like the AWR IV head count just grew by about 9................. wooooo hooooo !!!!!!