Rich vs Lean Idle

Jaggerd

May 7, 2019
It makes a pinging noise in the expansion chamber At idle and I’m not sure if this is normal for a blaster. It does not have the same normal 2 stroke ping as other bikes, it’s a lot deeper. And when I’m on the throttle, about 1/4 and below (idle jet) it is always sounding very deep and poppy, any other throttle range it sounds like a normal 2 stroke.
Does my idle sound rich or lean or ok?
FMF fatty & FMF silencer

sounds ok to me, lean idle will hang at higher rpm's when revved and not return to idle rpm quickly

has it been jetted for the FMF ?.......
leakdown tested, float height correct, stock 32.5 pilot, airscrew adjusted for highest idle (1/2 to 2 turns out),
stock needle on middle clip position,
270 thru 310 main < plug chop to confirm ?

sounds ok to me, lean idle will hang at higher rpm's when revved and not return to idle rpm quickly

has it been jetted for the FMF ?.......
leakdown tested, float height correct, stock 32.5 pilot, airscrew adjusted for highest idle (1/2 to 2 turns out),
stock needle on middle clip position,
270 thru 310 main < plug chop to confirm ?
I just bought it a week ago and put a Vito crank and new Wiseco top end along with pipe. The old carb was basically trash, rust all over and slide was gouged and scraped up. I run 32:1 with a 28mm pwk knock off. Float height correct and I can’t remember jet sizes I have in it. 40ish idle and 120 main

Keihins usually take 40's thru 50's pilots, 140's thru 160's main jets for blasters
my suggestion is to read the sticky threads on float height, airscrew/pilot, and plug chops for main jetting in the carb section on here.
you may also find some others jetting numbers for that carb/pipe setup in here.....
https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/what-jets-are-you-using.28981/

Keihins usually take 40's thru 50's pilots, 140's thru 160's main jets for blasters
my suggestion is to read the sticky threads on float height, airscrew/pilot, and plug chops for main jetting in the carb section on here.
you may also find some others jetting numbers for that carb/pipe setup in here.....
https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/what-jets-are-you-using.28981/
Would you recommend a kx85 Keihin 28mm carb rather than the knock off ?