revving high

blaster187

Sep 14, 2014
ok i finally got my blaster running after rejetting and installing new reeds, now there's a new problem. I had the bike idling fine and it ran like a bat out of hell. after a bit of racing it stalled. i cranked her back up and it idled like it was in full throttle. i hit the kill switch and it kept yelling until it died out. what am i looking at?

make sure top cover of carb is tight and has the locking tab....they come loose check it with your hand...and the list goes on... peace
02 carb with text 1 1 1.jpg

If you still have the tors installed take off the side cap on the right side near muffler. I think it's 6 screws might be 5. Mine was doing the exact same thing. Then your going to have a gold spring connected to the adjustment screw. Take The spring and sensor out. To do this back screw out as much as you can and just pull the spring out. Let me know if this works. Everyone was telling me air leak and this is all it turned out to be.

Dropping the slide deeper into the carb is not going to stop a runaway idle which cannot be stopped by turning off the spark!

Screams air leak!

ok i finally got my blaster running after rejetting and installing new reeds, now there's a new problem. I had the bike idling fine and it ran like a bat out of hell. after a bit of racing it stalled. i cranked her back up and it idled like it was in full throttle. i hit the kill switch and it kept yelling until it died out. what am i looking at?

But if the slide isn't down the throat all the way you have air seeping through the gap.. You don't have to believe me Haha. But everyone was telling me gasket or seal. Even yamaha. And it turned out being the gold spring in tors

Last edited:
I am not doubting the fix for your problem at all, a slide that is stuck up will cause a high idle, but if the AFR was correct, switching off the ignition would have killed the engine.

The problem in question was a runaway idle, to which the kill switch had no effect.

This screams lean, detonating/pre-igniting mixture.

Typical signs of an air leak.

As well As his wouldn't die with the kill switch neither did mine. Exactly what his is doing mine also did. Which the slide not dropping all the way will make a major air leak.... Its not sealed as it should be

Use the Math, if the slide is lifted, providing the carb is in adjustment, fuel will be drawn through the jets giving the correct AFR and the cut in spark should stop the engine.

Air leaks provide an un controllable lean mixture which needs only the heat caused by detonation to ignite.

there was a thread/video of this same problem ,wish i could find it...kill switch will shut off engine..no matter your carb slide..it is still running cuz it is so hot it is burning all by itself inside..only opinion to that is the the kill switch itself is not functioning properly.....your trying to say that if i full throttle my blaster and hit kill switch that it would not shut offo_O..or i full throttled my car and turned the key off and it still ran right? not...........im with blaaster:)