Request for staff!

5Caleb9

Jul 17, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I’m sure if you’re reading this you know me already from my huge 30+ reply post, and helping people around with the little knowledge that I have. Iv been active daily for somewhere around 2 months I think, and I have been everywhere on the forum. I was looking into the old Blaster of the month contest and we haven’t had contests for over a year!! I think it would be fun to start that up again!

Reactions: Larry's Shee
NO.

I'm sure it would be fun for you, but it's a real pain in the wazoo for me, the way it's set up just requires more fooling around than I have time for, and as far as I know I'm the only current member/staff who has ever ran it.
this comes up every year or so, to revive the contest, and in the past I've fallen for it and made the effort to run it, by the second or third month it's the same 2-3 guys entering over an over and fizzles out.

truthfully, this place isn't what it was even 3-4 years ago, everyone wants instant gratification from an app on there phone, and have abandoned this place for insta-guesses and completely wrong answers on facebook.
but hey..."even wrong info feels good when I need attention right now" :)
even the info that is directly copy and pasted from here, is posted over and over for the wrong reasons.

so that's still a NO to BOTM
sorry

Reactions: blasterBruce
Hey guys, I’m sure if you’re reading this you know me already from my huge 30+ reply post, and helping people around with the little knowledge that I have. Iv been active daily for somewhere around 2 months I think, and I have been everywhere on the forum. I was looking into the old Blaster of the month contest and we haven’t had contests for over a year!! I think it would be fun to start that up again!

I agree with Awk.
I suggest putting so pics up, and randomly inserting them in your threads.

I'm also on BHQ forum and it has died off. Lots of action on the FB page, but OMG some of the answers :rolleyes::eek:
Plus, maybe I'm just stupid, but what good is the correct answer if you can't search for it?:mad:

The search function works great on here !!

Reactions: Awk08
Guys, I come and go lately, but thats because Blaster has had to shuffle down the priority list lately. I try not to tease myself by logging on when I know Im not going to be able to tinker for a while. Regardless, its always good to come home to the "fountain of knowledge" here. Listen that facebook stuff is concerning...

what good is the correct answer if you can't search for it?

this is exactly whats wrong with the FB pages, no search, and then wade thru 15 completely wrong answers to find 1 half assed answer.
and the one guy who has info from here copied and pastes in every post on there, whether it's relevant or not, yet he's some kind of jukebox hero on there, LOL

Reactions: blasterBruce
The bad info on FB is killing me!
I also can't copy and past the info I have given on here, to post it on FB before someone else beats me to it!? Lol
Some times I think some of the guys on the FB pages use places like this to get all there info but are more about selling there used and new parts and motor work!

Last edited:
Reactions: blasterdemon7
I belong to like 10 different blaster pages on FB, and I get to see the same guy post the same question on most of them when they get a problem. And bad info all over those pages. Or look the same guy trying to sell his parts at the same time on 10 different FB pages. Blaaaa

I belong to like 10 different blaster pages on FB, and I get to see the same guy post the same question on most of them when they get a problem. And bad info all over those pages. Or look the same guy trying to sell his parts at the same time on 10 different FB pages. Blaaaa
I’m on three I think lol “Blaster and banshee sales” or something, “blasters only”, and one other thing, I just comment mainly lol! I think Iv had 3-4 comments like “Check out Blasterforum.com! They have the right answers for you!” Lol

Maybe I'm just old school but it's seems to me that FB isn't worth a sh*t for finding or getting real info. Forums seem to be much better to find and get info.

Maybe I'm just old school but it's seems to me that FB isn't worth a sh*t for finding or getting real info. Forums seem to be much better to find and get info.
LMAO was just reading through the comments on some of the FB stuff and this dude has the same carb slide issue that I had, and everyone was saying his carb slide is in backwards... his carb is the same as mine, you can’t possibly put it in backwards, half of it is round, and the other half is a square so it’s lined up right. I’m not sure about other carbs but I know 100% my Keihin cannot have the slide put in backwards from the design, Iv tried lol! There is a lot of stupid answers on FB, I commented saying to adjust the free play in the throttle cable because that was the issue with my carb slide and it looks like the exact issue he’s having but everyone’s saying backwards slide... is that possible on other types of carb? Because I know the carb he and I have you can’t do that...

LMAO ,but everyone’s saying backwards slide... is that possible on other types of carb? ...

Yes and no. You can't on a stock Blaster carb, BUT you can on stock Banshee carbs, though the carbs are nearly identical to the Blaster, they are left and right. When reversed the slide cutaway faces the engine, not air box. Causes weird running issues.

The pin that keeps the slide from spinning pevents it from being installed wrong.
Obviously D slides or flat sides only go one way.

A lot of the people are like Parrots. They just repeat something they read somewhere. I only give advice on a problems I've personally have dealt with. I also don't tell people what is wrong but give advice on things to check to help find out what may be wrong. I deal with auto repair and repair shops everyday and know it's not always a simple problem.

We (should) learn from experience, but I see no issue with
" parroting" solid information, sometimes to the point of copy and paste. Have to admit I've done it.
If you had to wait to experience every possible problem you'd be one unlucky SOB. Plus if you share information you know, you help eliminate misinformation, which is Paramount in eliminating expensive damage.

Not much chance for me as I seem to spend more time IN fb jail than out.
"They" don't like things like :

Double tap 44 with a 44, most powerful handgun in the world, right Clint? :D

We (should) learn from experience, but I see no issue with
" parroting" solid information, sometimes to the point of copy and paste. Have to admit I've done it.
If you had to wait to experience every possible problem you'd be one unlucky SOB. Plus if you share information you know, you help eliminate misinformation, which is Paramount in eliminating expensive damage.

Not much chance for me as I seem to spend more time IN fb jail than out.
"They" don't like things like :

Double tap 44 with a 44, most powerful handgun in the world, right Clint? :D

I get what you are saying. I'm talking about the people who always post the same couple of things for every problem.

I also feel that it is a lot easier to weed out the bad advice on a forum by there rep on the forum. If your smart, you can easily find out who's advice you can trust on a forum with a little research.

Oh yea most definitely Iv “parroted” on that Facebook page. But what I told them was info from here, it’s better to give them info from a professional, than some random dude. I won’t lie tho, I met this guy named Shawn on the Facebook page and he helped me get my exhaust fully off because I couldn’t find the bracket.