Removing Stickers

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Okay so i got some diff plastics and they have stickers like flotek and vitos but i dont have there parts so i dont want them on my r wheeler, im worried about takin them off and they fall apart and the colors are faded around it. is there any tricks of gettin them good and not be faded around it??

you won't know if its faded around them until you get them off sadly, i use a razor blade (with a lot of care!!!!) and then some brake cleaner to take off the sticker residue, if they are faded underneath, you can check in the DIY section and paulieb has a great write up on how to restore plastics

okay i dont think there faded they look pretty good and arent that old but i figured id ask just in case they r

any other ideas? anyone

Use a hair drier so you don't melt your plastic and make a sharp edge on a piece of plastic or a spatula to scrape with so you don't slice it up. Patience works best :)

no way to tell about the fading...use a hair dryer to heat up the sticky sh*t, then peel, the goo gone to get the adheasive off

i had stickers on mine and i used plastic razor blades to get them off. then saw some goo gone or goof off at my local dollar tree. they sell plastic razor blades at local auto stores. i used to use them to get decals off the paint on cars.

a heat gun will not warp your plastic if you know how to use it.

take a heat gun and heat up the sticker. use a plastic putty knife so you dont scratch up your plastic. works great.

just concentrate a pressurewasher stream on the edges of the decals and within seconds they will fly off. learned it by accident when i was a kid and blew off a whole graphics kit on one side by accident, luckily it took the goo off with it

i got them off with a pressure washer by accident today lol its not faded but there is not scuffs around the skickers so its noticable what should i do

my shee plastics have these decals on them that has glue derrived from the stuff aliens use to patch holes in spacecraft , its the gooiest stickiest crap ever!!! I've used degreaser , sanded , scraped , and its coming off so slowly . Its nuts !!! I'm gonna try some goo gone , I'm painting the plastics anyway , but I don't want that crap left on there to hose up the finished product .

I used a hair dryer and plastic putty knife to remove stickers then paint thinner to remove adhesive.

you won't know if its faded around them until you get them off sadly, i use a razor blade (with a lot of care!!!!) and then some brake cleaner to take off the sticker residue, if they are faded underneath, you can check in the DIY section and paulieb has a great write up on how to restore plastics

doesnt the brake cleaner eat up the plastic?????

its hard to say if your plastics will be faded until you take the decals off and see. If worse comes to worse you can always put another decal over the faded spots. Id use a regular household hair dryer, and a dull razor blade. The dull blade will still be fine enough to get underneath the decal but it wont take slices outta your plastics. Works excellent on snowmobiles.