Registered to be on ice??

xjma

Hey,

My friends, cousins, brothers, etc...are all going to the ice fishing derby on Winnipesaukee at the end of the month. My brother is bringing his sled for transportation, as we're staying at my uncles place on Paugus bay. He's got it registered and all so he's kosher.

I'm thinking about bringing the blaster to pull my sh*t around!! I did so with the Mud Lites last winter and it worked great, but I was not in an area that any game wardens would ever come (I was in MA in a rural area). I don't have the quad registered.

My question: Do I have to have my quad registered to have it out on Lake Winnipesaukee for ice fishing?? I know from experience that lots of game wardens are around, especially for the tourney. And, if I need it registered, does it need to be registered in NH or would a MA reg do?? Thanks for any help.

I would think you need it registered. On the ice in Wisconsin you need it on the ice. Only if you are at a race and using it only for racing not playing around. You might be able to get a sticker for out of state rider. Just my opinion.

i love winnapasauki or how ever u spell it! i caught a HUGE walleye 2 summers back from the dock......... i wouldnt risk ur blasty man

def need it registered because the state needs money bad. unless you are on private land the law says it must be registered. The cost of one ticket is more then the costof the reg. Dont give your money away!

been running the ice here... mine has a 2011 tag on it but its not registered to me.. wifes 200x has no card, no tags.. we stick to the rivers.. dnr dont hang out on the rivers..

if we were to get stopped 'there built for ice racing and were tuning the suspension and jetting for a up coming race' :)'

I emailed the state and this is what they said. Keep in mind I got this blaster from a friend, who was the original owner, who had two blasters sitting in his parents back yard, not running, and they wanted them gone....he has the bill of sale but can't find the title :(

Your friend will need to write you out a bill of sale and sign that Certificate of Origin over to you. You will then pay a 6.25% sales tax on the purchase price. You can pay your sales tax online at Massachusetts Department of Revenue. Please refer to our website MassOutdoors Homepage for documents required to register the ATV. You can also download the application from this website to register your ATV. You can register the ATV in any one of our 5 offices, Boston, Springfield, Worcester, Fall River and Hyannis. (Refer to website for office addresses)

After all your paperwork is in order you can mail in or come in and we will process for you. Our offices do not accept any cash, debit or credit cards, only check or money orders accepted.

Thank you,

I'm not sure what to do about sales tax either....I bought two non-running blasters for a 30-pack of bud light and a six pack of harpoon IPA!!

if you register it make sure when you put the plate on the bike its hidden:p otherwise no more running the cops !! haha. give the local wardens a call and ask them. Cant go wrong there

def need it registered because the state needs money bad. unless you are on private land the law says it must be registered. The cost of one ticket is more then the costof the reg. Dont give your money away!

In Wisconsin even if you drive on private land you need to have it registered for private land use. Its not hard to register one that you dont have a card for though. Just go to the web site and do it online. Pretty easy, just not worth getting a fine. They can get you everywhere.