Rebuilt top end, no start

So I decided to not bother with the fly wheel as I had a hard time believing it was that.... I pulled off the intake hose to the carburetor, sprayed some lubricated starter fluid and the thing started up and ran like a banshee, it barely idled but it ran beautiful.... The second I put the intake hose back on it won’t start or run, take it off, it starts beautiful again, what do you guys think?

See your tool stripped for a reason:).take the air cleaner out and clean it.try with no air cleaner.not to ride but to see if it runs.turn air mixture screw clockwise all the way in till it lightly seats.then back it out 1 and a half. Counter clockwise.try that

Air cleaner is brand new, it is a k&n knock off off of eBay.... Air screw is at one and a half turns counterclockwise, I’ll take the air cleaner off tomorrow and see what it does, thanks for the advice, keep it coming, Only thing I have changed on the carburetor is i put in a 310 main jet since the builder told me to keep the airbox lid off and add the k&n.

So I decided to not bother with the fly wheel as I had a hard time believing it was that.... I pulled off the intake hose to the carburetor, sprayed some lubricated starter fluid and the thing started up and ran like a banshee, it barely idled but it ran beautiful.... The second I put the intake hose back on it won’t start or run, take it off, it starts beautiful again, what do you guys think?
Theres your starting point.... perhaps a rat nest, remove air filter, attach hose, (no air filter) start again. If runs, ditch air filter for a name brand one. One thing.... NO STARTING FLUID PLEASE!!! Its not needed, if it needs it something is WRONG! check it out.

ok, reattached air intake, took off the air filter....blaster ran like brand new, put the air filter back on, barely ran. I do wonder if I put too big of a main jet in there, im thinking 310 may be too big for just an open air box...everything else is stock. after running it for a few minutes up and down the street I pulled the plug and it was clean as a whistle which I thought was a bad thing...im running 32:1 premix. what do you all think??

ok, reattached air intake, took off the air filter....blaster ran like brand new, put the air filter back on, barely ran. I do wonder if I put too big of a main jet in there, im thinking 310 may be too big for just an open air box...everything else is stock. after running it for a few minutes up and down the street I pulled the plug and it was clean as a whistle which I thought was a bad thing...im running 32:1 premix. what do you all think??
Get a oiled foam filter.must be to much restriction in kn knock off.to clean is lean on plug.main jet comes into play around 3/4 to full throttle.if it's cold out you may need to jet up some .

Did you do heat cycles and retouqe base and head nuts? And proper breakin to seat rings correctly.before ripping around full throttle.glad you got it up and running:)

Just noticed your at 68 on the bore.thats about the biggest you can go.breakin , jet right

When I was zipping around, I was sure to not keep it at full throttle, I went from low to high, low to high, etc. as for jetting, do you think I should go up on the pilot then? Slydog, I assume you meant go up on the pilot jet, thank you guys so much for chiming in....

When I was zipping around, I was sure to not keep it at full throttle, I went from low to high, low to high, etc. as for jetting, do you think I should go up on the pilot then? Slydog, I assume you meant go up on the pilot jet, thank you guys so much for chiming in....
Stock pilot should be fine on stock carb.you didn't get a Chinese carb with that air cleaner by chance did you

So I put the stock foam filter back on and the bike runs perfect throughout all five gears, starts on the first kick, I am so happy, here is a picture of the plug after shutting it down at fourth gear... Let me know what you guys think...

Attachments

• 6561E0B8-6DEE-4D9E-BCDB-81DF108FCAFE.jpeg
    6561E0B8-6DEE-4D9E-BCDB-81DF108FCAFE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
Good job bro! You already run a tank of gas thru it? before Your wide open pulls? Looks alittle rich to me.

So I put the stock foam filter back on and the bike runs perfect throughout all five gears, starts on the first kick, I am so happy, here is a picture of the plug after shutting it down at fourth gear... Let me know what you guys think...
Was that a brand new plug and proper plug chop?

I did wide open throttle it a few times but only briefly, I guess I should not of...As for running rich, I’m OK with that, I will probably jet down a little bit

Should do heat cycles and break in first.you only get one chance at a proper breakin. Temptation is hard not to open it up.i have same problem