Rear "shorty cable" brakes - video

nice vid beano
i added the actual vid to your post, and ......stickied !
have some greens too :)

Thanks, I hope some find it helpful. It is kinda long but I cover even the most basic steps.

Oh, I also shot video of the rear axle carrier and will get that uploaded maybe sometime this week.

Last edited:
Great vid, Beano. I liked it so much I ordered the shorty cable and will be installing next Friday morning! Slowly but surely my Blaster is coming together, thanks to all who post these instructional videos. Keep up the good work!
-TANK-

Well, the cable repair didnt work for me:mad: . But this shorty cable upgrade worked to a perfection!:) For the first time, my Blaster has brakes. No more snow banks to slow down. Life is GREAT! (especially with working brakes). I plan on keeping the front drum brakes, so, does anyone know of anywhere that sells the replacement springs AND adjustment wingnuts??

Well, I did this on my 96 and now my 99. I shot a tutorial video and posted it up on YouTube. The video is about 20 mins long but I believe I covered even the most basic steps.

Let me know if you like it and feel free to sticky it if it seems helpful.

Brake and "Shorty Cable" Install

Holy smokes! I just bought a couple of blasters. One has NO back brake installed at all. this video is a HUGE help for me understanding the back brakes. Thank you!!!

Reactions: Larry's Shee