rear fender shaving???

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
i was gonna shave my rear fenders at some time to flow with my removed front, so i was thinking about doing it like this vv

Attachments

• fenders.jpg
    fenders.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 346
i dont get it? why would you want to shave the fenders its defeating the whole purpous of a FENDER! and it dosent look that great either unless its done right. i can see the front ones they dont do much to begin with but why the rears? did you ever hit a mud puddle by accident with no rear fenders? its not fun i already have. it also makes the bikes look wierd if they wernt ment to have fenders they would not have come with them from the factory.if your gonna run no rears just takes the bitches off and be done with it! just my opinion...

Why shave a good fender? Just take the fender off, or get a broken fender and shave it and sell the nice one, or save it.

Why shave a good fender? Just take the fender off, or get a broken fender and shave it and sell the nice one, or save it.

i shved my fenders this way because i had a junky set layin around that was broken all around the airbox on top so i just did it for sh*tz and giggles, then i kinda liked it. i have been riding without them through the mud and its not a whole lot worse than having them. i dont have the heelguards on so the mud always used to hit me in the back of the legs anyways.
and if i didnt trade my rear whites to somebody i MIGHT put them back on, but i like it so i dont care.

i never understood fender shaving, theres only one thing i ride that gets shaved, and you'll have to ask my 'ol lady for pics of that

WOW blasterdude27 your blaster looks awesome, shaved like that.I:I
And faster without the fenders slowing you down.I:I

With my big fenders when Im go fast and a big gust of wind hits me from the rear my blaster feels like its going to fly...LOL:eek:

hahahaa, i told her what i said and she ask me if i posted a pic, i had to disappoint her and tell her that isnt allowed on here, she's not shy at all, didnt you see my post a few months back of her sittin on my quad flashin her boobs and i censored them with the blasterforum banner over them, she thought that was hilarious

i want to shave them there because it is kinda broken by where your boot might hit if you kick start it wrong on accident when your boot slips because of the mud, lol, thats how it happend and the silicone we put on didn't hold and looks like poop splatered on a broken peice

I took my front fenders off completely, I don't really like the looks of shaved fenders. I have to admit I do kinda like the look of a bike with out any fenders, but I wouldn't run with out 'em. Also if I was going to do this I would buy a junk set that are cracked then cutting up a good set of fenders. As far as them keeping you clean, not hardly. The biggest downfall of the blaster fenders is that they are to short in the rear, especially if you have an extended swinger. I know when I ride mine I get dirty even when I try not to, lol.

If the fender is broken i'd probably shave it to, and it would look better than a frankenstein patch or broken floppy fender.

well 71dodge... its kinda like saying "why remove the tors? if bikes werent made to have them they wouldnt put them on" but some people leave them and some people remove them.