rear carrier help pics inside

98blaster+4

Oct 12, 2008
vermont
so i am in need of an opinion on whether or not this carrier is usable or not. a bunch of pics will be here loading them on one at a time.
and they are big on purpose to show detail
34oyafr.jpg

fuustf.jpg

beiqud.jpg

2s10xae.jpg

98ey6x.jpg
98ey6x.jpg

ooops, there are the rest of the pics, looks like where the seal go is pretty much destroyed....

ok i will get them out in a bit, way to damn hot to be f*ckin with it right now. already put in a full days work in the sun, will update when it cools down outside, cause the driveway is my current workshop.

If you bought this buyer beware, you are stuck with it.

If bought as a good unit, get it replaced, I can see no good coming from it.

the guy i got it from is willing to make it right without any issues, i just wana know if its still usable cause i could run a shee axle with it, being an 06 model carrier.

you can run a shee axle in an 88-02 carrier too. this one would just make it so that regular blaster or banshee rear caliper will bolt on

okay thanks everybody, i am geting a refund , no hard fellings on either end of the deal, just the way it should be everytime. again thanks all for your help.

The races will generally beat out no matter how badly they are rusted in.
My trick is to mig or stick weld a big nut inside the old race, then spray the edges with penetrating oil while it is hot.
Then I beat it out with a bar from the other side. Then I do the same on the other side.

From what I see, there is no metal left to seat your seals.
Dang brother, looks like someone rode that puppy LONG after the bearings lost their balls.