Rear brakes

I would highly suggest the brake conversion AWK does. I have ridden a few of the older style blasters and all of them have terrible brakes. Its just a part of owning the older style blaster, its going to have terrible brakes. When I got my 04 blaster (hydros), I couldn't believe it when I touched the brakes. I didn't know a blaster could lock up the tires haha. You are going to be very pleased if you get the hydro conversion but if you don't have the money for the setup yet then you'll have to just stick with the cables for now but I suggest saving for some the hydro setup in the future.

If ur hoing the cheaper rout n rebuilding them, u can get them to work decent, we trnd to use our front brakes the most so ur rear doesnt need to be perfect but it just takes the right steps. Tear it off, soak/clean/scrub im purple power cleaner. Make sure all parts are cleaned. Wash/dry. Use dry teflon everywhere. Put back with new pads, cable. Work dry teflon n parts real well.

A glazed rotor will make braking very hard even with new pads. If you do any home repairs for brakes or flywheels you could invest in a brake rotor hone. Something like this. (first vid I come across).

When all is said and done ; The hydraulic brakes are much better and more reliable than the old mechanical brakes. But with some proper maintenance the mechanical brakes can suffice..

Forgot to add, the disc glazes over, best to have brake shop mill down or replace, use brake cleaner on new disc before using to prevent glazing from packaging oils.
Thanks man I appreciate the advice. I'm working on fixing my front brakes Bcuz I just replace my hubs and brakes now I need cables
A glazed rotor will make braking very hard even with new pads. If you do any home repairs for brakes or flywheels you could invest in a brake rotor hone. Something like this. (first vid I come across).

When all is said and done ; The hydraulic brakes are much better and more reliable than the old mechanical brakes. But with some proper maintenance the mechanical brakes can suffice..
thanks man will do

Forgot to add, the disc glazes over, best to have brake shop mill down or replace, use brake cleaner on new disc before using to prevent glazing from packaging oils.
Ok so my front brakes I only have the hub part, I believe I need cables and the lever but if I bought this will ineed the piece that connects to the hub? (Part that holds cable on) or does it look like its included? I don't know what I need because I got the bike like this and am trying to figure out what parts I need to complete it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 323
Might be a few months old, but I am wanting to replace my non existent rear brakes with awk's setup. Now I just need enough posts to send a pm. Ha

Might be a few months old, but I am wanting to replace my non existent rear brakes with awk's setup. Now I just need enough posts to send a pm. Ha
As of last week he was not building them due to working at his job extra. Not sure if things have changed but he will get to you
@Awk08

Well, lets hope he starts making them again soon. I knew I should've ordered some a month ago. Ha