rear axle sprocket hub

brian3127

Jun 22, 2019
First off I am new to the forum, but i have read lots of great info that has helped me over this past month.

I am having lots of trouble getting the hub off the axle, to change the bearings.
I heated it up and beat it with a brass hammer with no luck. I have soaked it in PB blast and heat.Today i brought it to work and used the press with no luck but bending the hub. So now it looks like i'm going to have to cut it off, unless you guys have any suggestions. i believe it is rusted on by looking at the rest of the quad. I have ordered another hub off of Ebay.
The videos on you tube make it look easy.

By the way it is a 2002 blaster, i have rebuilt the motor from the ground up. Now i'm working on the rest of it.

thanks
Brian

Been there done that twice. One I cut it with abrasive wheel as much as possible and split it with a cold chisel. One I never did get off. But recently saw a video where a pull was heard red hot then quickly cooled with a garden hose

I ended cutting it off along with the axle. Now I'm just waiting on the sprocket hub and new axle to get delivered.

Thanks Larry's shee