READ THIS POST I NEED HELP FASTTTTTT

Scott Palmer

Nov 26, 2018
1.) What oil should I use for a good smell and as low smoke as possible?
2.) I have a 1998 Yamaha Blaster with an oil injection system that still works I don't know if it has been replaced or anything but I want to know if I should delete it and just mix a 32:1 straight into the tank? Really not trying to blow up my blaster here you know.
3.) Also HMU with any other info you might think I need to know about these things i'm a relatively new owner.
Thanks in advance.

1.) What oil should I use for a good smell and as low smoke as possible?
For best "smell" I say any bean oil. Two problems with it. I wouldn't call it low smoke, and can't use it under about 40-45*
2.) I have a 1998 Yamaha Blaster with an oil injection system that still works I don't know if it has been replaced or anything but I want to know if I should delete it and just mix a 32:1 straight into the tank? Really not trying to blow up my blaster here you know.
Usually the injection is deleted when using an aftermarket carb because work involved installing nipple on carb. What you see about failure is 99.99% operator failure/lack of maintenance. I made this mistakes myself.
3.) Also HMU with any other info you might think I need to know about these things i'm a relatively new owner.
Thanks in advance.
Get a Clymers Repair Manual. Read threads in the engine/carb forum.

ALL
Blasters are at least 12 yrs old , replace the crank seals ,
rubber degrades/hardens with time, easy job.

Clean air filter, change trans oil, inspect every nut, bolt, and suspension piece. Do EVERYTHING the Clymers suggest.

Ask questions here if unsure.

Get a Clymers Repair Manual. Read threads in the engine/carb forum.

ALL
Blasters are at least 12 yrs old , replace the crank seals ,
rubber degrades/hardens with time, easy job.

Clean air filter, change trans oil, inspect every nut, bolt, and suspension piece. Do EVERYTHING the Clymers suggest.

Ask questions here if unsure.
Here is my question For best "smell" I say any bean oil. Two problems with it. I wouldn't call it low smoke, and can't use it under about 40-45*
whn you say that does that mean smell is good and smoke is normal and what do you mean whe nyou say you cant use it under about 40-45 is that degrees?

Yeah, bean oil is like bacon grease. When it gets cold it turns white and thickens up. Won't mix with gas or pump through oil injection.

My friend and I had an Arctic Cat powered drag bike we ran a bean oil in the injection. It sat in the shed over a Michigan winter. Broke the three check valves, $50 EACH.

I run bean oil in summer 28:1 and Yamalube 28:1 in winter, both the Blaster and son's Banshee

This smell nonsense cracks me up, like the smell of your exhaust is going to have another blaster lusting after yours, LOL
If the best oil for my engine performance and longevity smelled like chickenshit I'd run it

if ya really want it to smell good ..............
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/936/31313/Manhattan-Oil-Scented-Gas-Additive
Lol i know what you mean but my neighbors have been complaining and i litterly responded with but it"runs good" That's the only reason i ask lol.

How "Stinky" is your exhaust?
What oil are you actually using?
Is it smoking like a freight train?
Is your trans oil now low?
You could very well have a bad crank seal. These things are getting OLD. I highly suggest doing a leak down test. Then also do a "Plug Chop"

How "Stinky" is your exhaust?
What oil are you actually using?
Is it smoking like a freight train?
Is your trans oil now low?
You could very well have a bad crank seal. These things are getting OLD. I highly suggest doing a leak down test. Then also do a "Plug Chop"
Ok, will do a leak down test.