raptor 660 plastics

njdevil26

Aug 29, 2010
new jersey
hey guys. the other day driving home saw a set of raptor 660 plastics and had to have them :D. kinda figuring that i couldnt just pop them on i mocked fitted them and than starting cutting. im now having a problem with the seat. its wider and a diff shape than my 2001 seat. like i said i know i was gonna have to cut somthing but i, not tryna get crazy. anyone does this? :-/

some have done raptor 700 rear plastics

you'll have to post pics and maybe we'll be able to give some ideas. not to mention i want to see it lol

IMO its gunna looked bad. The rears wont be too bad to mount but rather the front end. The raptor uses a V shape. Good luck with it! I wanna see pics.

I've got the 700 plastics, it takes a lot of cutting but the blaster seat works with them.

They take a lot of cutting to get the seat to lock in place, but you'll get it. I just finished bolting mine up today, still have to fab some brackets to attatch to the old blaster fender brackets though. That will raise the tails up a bit more but here's what mine look like so far.

2c6612ae.jpg

Wow, i thought my banshee rear fenders looked big on my blaster... All that fender will keep you clean and protected, and you will love them on a muddy day...Its looks good to, more pics please.....I:I

Yeah they are bigger but that's a plus in my book. Around here we have to ride through puddles/mud that is there year 'round and never dry out... Except in the winter when they freeze overI:I . I'll probably mess with it some more tomorrow I still have to reinstall the airbox, I'll get a picture or two then as the quad isn't at my house. I've got the airbox here though, I'll snap a picture of that and upload it in a few. I cut it so the old fenders can still be used if I ever want to switch back. Got the raptor plastics for $40 so figured I would give them a go.

a3a32f6f.jpg

38691664.jpg

yea they look good bud....i can see why you gopt them so cheap from the stress marks in them....

Thanks guysI:I ... Yeah there's some stress marks here and there but I can deal with it for the cheap price. Haven't figured out what colors I'm going to go with yet.

I cut the airbox so that I could still use the otl fenders. Will bolt it down using the front tabs and use a bracket for the back to bolt it down with the fenders.

a9c7978c.jpg

Reactions: super noober
I have done this too and have a set in the garage if anyone wants them for free.

nice work, i like it!! time to make your grey dot green lol :)

You popped my rep cherry and it didn't even hurt... Thanks!

Here's two pictures to show how they are mounted. You can see in the first where the cuts have to go on the plastics, just match up to yours. I didn't bother cleaning up any of the cuts or anything yet, will do that when I paint.

Just be careful cutting, all the plastic you have to chop out makes the fenders pretty weak in the back end.

4d9c92d5.jpg

4e993705.jpg