Raptor 350 heel guards on blaster

yamaha28

Apr 8, 2011
Little video I made when I got these heel guards. I swapped one, the other swaps the same.

I will get another video of me actually getting them mounted and a support bracket made, stay tuned!

Here is mounting the right side. The Peg gets in the way a little bit but you can still fit it on, just takes a little bit of pushing. Also if you bend the top of the guard you can bolt in the stock upper mount. It's not in it's natural form and puts stress on it but it works. I am just leaving it not bolted at the moment.

The left side fits on almost perfectly. As you can see my nerf bars interfere just a little bit, nothing to really worry about. The stock upper mount for this left side lines up just like the right side, almost perfectly but not quite. You can make it fit quite easily but it adds a little tension. I will probably end up using the upper mount on this side sense my nerf bars already torque it a little bit sideways so it lines up almost perfectly. If you are not running nerfs you can still use the mount, just once again, stress.

If you are not using double pegs then I suggest you do this instead of flexing the heel guards to fit.

Just put the little tab where the screw goes through on the upper mount of the heel guards into a vice and bend it into shape. Exactly what I did, I even had the idea of bending it a little farther then needed so it would pull the heel guard back just a pinch. That way it gives you a little more room to kick start. Enjoy the pics:

This is the opposite side of the kicker side, but basically how the kicker side looked before bending
ABC_0100.jpg

How it looked after, bolted to the pegs but sitting naturally
ABC_0104.jpg

I pulled it back just a pinch and abracadabra, works perfectly!
ABC_0108.jpg

Should this be stickied?

Last edited by a moderator:
this should be stickied when completed !!!!

nice start to the DIY bro, it says i need to spread some reps before giving you anymore X(

Last edited:
Reactions: yamaha28
yeah looking good bro. i need to figure this out too cause now im running 20 11 8 in the rear and didnt clear stock heel guards so im running without :eek::eek: till i can figure out the best way to make other heels work. not tryin to lose a foot.....
anyway cant wait to see your next vid. thanks
rep givenI:I

yeah looking good bro. i need to figure this out too cause now im running 20 11 8 in the rear and didnt clear stock heel guards so im running without :eek::eek: till i can figure out the best way to make other heels work. not tryin to lose a foot.....
anyway cant wait to see your next vid. thanks
rep givenI:I

Don't let awk hear your running no heel guards! :eek: haha

Thanks for the rep, hopefully a new vid coming soon!

Reactions: Longview
yeah haha i do however completely agree with anything he might say. it really is no good. i hit a deer on my 2007 yamaha r1 so i def know what pain feels like and sucking a leg under a rear tire would not feel good!!

Last edited:
again...good stuff for those who would like to do this mod

only thing i'd like to see is you bend those rods to perfectly match up to the frame mount better, instead of rolling them forward, especially on the kicker side,
as these heelgaurds do not have the offset for kicking our bikes like our stockers had, and forces you to kick with just the heel of your foot, so the further back they are the better
just my experience with the yfz450 gaurds i have on the black blasty

again...good stuff for those who would like to do this mod

only thing i'd like to see is you bend those rods to perfectly match up to the frame mount better, instead of rolling them forward, especially on the kicker side,
as these heelgaurds do not have the offset for kicking our bikes like our stockers had, and forces you to kick with just the heel of your foot, so the further back they are the better
just my experience with the yfz450 gaurds i have on the black blasty

Found that out fast with mine. Lol. It feels to odd to kick with my heel so I'm doing a double peg setup to get clearance.

Found that out fast with mine. Lol. It feels to odd to kick with my heel so I'm doing a double peg setup to get clearance.

/\ yes, when i had the heelies on with double pegs it was better,
with the yfz pegs welded overtop stock pegs like i run now, i lost about a 1/2" back, but still as wide as the double ups

Alright updating the thread with pics and instructions now!

I plan to do double pegs sometime in the future awk, someday......

Reactions: Blaner
this is good! rep for you mister! i want to do this at some stage but though about getting some YFZ pegs, cutting them off their brackets, cutting my stock pegs of their bracket and welding the 450 pegs onto the blaster brackets. Is this what you have done Awk?

Mmm Yamaha28, can you give us a synopsis of the kicking with the 350 guards? perhaps a vid of you kicking and a close up of whats going on at the gaurds??

this is good! rep for you mister! i want to do this at some stage but though about getting some YFZ pegs, cutting them off their brackets, cutting my stock pegs of their bracket and welding the 450 pegs onto the blaster brackets. Is this what you have done Awk?

Mmm Yamaha28, can you give us a synopsis of the kicking with the 350 guards? perhaps a vid of you kicking and a close up of whats going on at the gaurds??

Thanks for the rep! What's the point of doing all that for FYZ pegs?

I will do that as soon as I get my engine back from Ken. Probably next week sometime

yfz pegs welded right over top of stock ones................

34he5fl.jpg

2h7403b.jpg

Raptor 350 pegs look exactly the same as those.... Got any measurements awk?

I have those raptor pegs leftover so I might make a tutorial for making those too! haha

Reactions: Quadrider10
awesome job! rep given! and awesome that ya got heel guards! no broken legs and ankles!! ahaha

Thanks! Thanks for heads up on getting heel guards too (I think that was you) My and my dumbass self probably would have tried to race with no heel guards too :eek:

I have the raptor 350 heel guards on my 05 blaster and they look amazing!! Anyone had problems with kick start hitting the heel guard? Its not even about me using the back of foot, my kick start hits the actual plastic on top of heel guard. I was going to do the double peg setup but I am having issues finding another peg without buying a whole set