Raptor 250 Heel Guards

Well I finally got back aroud to playing with these heelguards this week. I wasn't happy with the way the sat with the double pegs so I removed the Raptor pegs. I also bent the lower wire mounts to bring the level of the guards up. They are basically slightly below the top of the stock pegs now. They look much better with the nerf bars now. I will still have to trim the left side fender to clear them and the right heelguard had to be trimmed slightly to clear the kicker. I just cut out the part that would normally cover the Raptor master cylinder. It cut really easily with a utility knife but a dremel woule be nice if you have one.The left side top mount lines right up with one of the holes in the oil line guard on the frame so I am going to bolt it there to secure the top. The right side top mount will still need to be bent to line up with the fender support to secure it. I will try to get the rest of the hardware I need to finish these this week and get some more pics up when they are finished.
One of the bottom mounts-Custom bent lol
bfj9tg.jpg

The other mount
2ywdbh0.jpg

Left side mounted
xojpu8.jpg

28symbk.jpg

2eoyvld.jpg

The right guard with the master cylinder guard cut off
dnk280.jpg

Thanks Dakota. Novis the kicker cleared fine when I had the double pegs installed. Whe I switched back to single pegs and modified the mounts to sit higher it hit the area that covers the master cylinder. I cut the master cylinder cover part off and now it clears fine.

Nice, I am installing a pair of raptor 250 gytr bill ballance heel guards on my blaster now but they are taking serious mods, i have aftermarket nerfs with built in pegs so have had to make four brackets two on each but when done they will mount to stock heel holes on frame . I'm posting pics in my build section but will tell anybody thinking about YFZ to go with raptor 250 with slight mods you can get even aftermarket ones to fit.....the one problem is the fender mount that's welded to frame.

Nice, I am installing a pair of raptor 250 gytr bill ballance heel guards on my blaster now but they are taking serious mods, i have aftermarket nerfs with built in pegs so have had to make four brackets two on each but when done they will mount to stock heel holes on frame . I'm posting pics in my build section but will tell anybody thinking about YFZ to go with raptor 250 with slight mods you can get even aftermarket ones to fit.....the one problem is the fender mount that's welded to frame.

I saw those pics. Those are badass. Because of where I mounted mine the fender on the left side sits right behind the guard and just doesnt look good. I am going to cut the fender to match the right side and the I am going to cut off that mount. When I had the double pegs on there the top heelguard mount actually hit the fender support though.

can u post pics with top mount on both sideseven if no like mounted just to c where they are and both side just the whole heelguards it looks good but need some clse ups and stuff

I will post up some pics of the final product when I actually finish. I have been alittle slow in finishing this project but hopefully will finish them up by this weekend.

mine hit the fender mount, i had to dremel the top heel mount so it slides into place. I just realized it's not pictured in my build, so i'll take a picture soon. I also have considered cutting my fenders to match, I have a new custom maier fender though. Waiting to see yours...lol