Raced 200 ft dirt drags

josh519

Feb 9, 2013
Cincinnati
image.jpeg
Did horrible this weekend,, put on new sand gecko paddle tire's they are junk!!! Couldn't tell a difference with the 110 oct gas either.
I did beat some 250r's .
Had issues shifting smoothly so next is the shift star mod and lock up clutch.. Any ideas on anything else would be much appreciated.

ditch them front tires and rims and get some smaller drag wheels. Get rid of those rear tires and get a set of paddles, haulers,extremes etc Take the grab bar off and put it on the shelf. You can run a lockup all you want but is pointless if you don't get your tranny cut(override) . Shift star mod isn't needed if you get a cut tranny. Did you ever check your compression or squish to see if you need race fuel?

Reactions: Awk08 and josh519
What clutch do you have in there now? Was your motor built to run on 110oct gas?
240 heavy duty clutch by driveline.
Not sure about built for 110 octane.
ditch them front tires and rims and get some smaller drag wheels. Get rid of those rear tires and get a set of paddles, haulers,extremes etc Take the grab bar off and put it on the shelf. You can run a lockup all you want but is pointless if you don't get your tranny cut(override) . Shift star mod isn't needed if you get a cut tranny. Did you ever check your compression or squish to see if you need race fuel?
How would I check squish?

Reactions: Awk08
240 heavy duty clutch by driveline.
Not sure about built for 110 octane.

How would I check squish?

lead plumbing solder....it's not just for plumbing anymore :)

Thanks awk. Just be sure to use like .063 solder or close to. Do not use to thick of a piece of solder.

Reactions: Awk08