r6

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
im trading a running 2000 r6 for my warrior and a parts bike tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone knows anything to look for

If it's a flip bike the most older bikes have cracks or broken tabs on the fairings. Fairings can get expensive.

Fork seals.. Make sure they aren't leaking not expensive if you have the tools to change them.

Tire condition. Check for flat spots and roundness. A lot of straight line riding makes the softer tires square off.

Chain and sprockets..

General inspection for road rash if any.

That's all I can think of.

I understand. My first bike was a 92 yamaha frv600 now I have a gsxr600. That's what ive noticed when looking for parts. Lol. Hope I helped some. Its expensive. Just give it a good inspection. I wouldn't want to sell a bike and not know if it was safe to ride or not.

I got the bike I need a tac and speedo cluster carbs cleaned and fairings and the handle bar mounts and forks it's not the prettiest but it was way better than the bike I traded him and I had absolutely no money in the warrior so I basically got a r6 for less than a hundred bucks

For less than a hundred bucks is awesome lol. There's fairing kits on eBay for around 600. Make sure it's injection molding. Supposedly they are better quality. I never tried them. May need to do some work to get them to bolt up right. What's wrong with the forks? Bent?

For less than a hundred bucks is awesome lol. There's fairing kits on eBay for around 600. Make sure it's injection molding. Supposedly they are better quality. I never tried them. May need to do some work to get them to bolt up right. What's wrong with the forks? Bent?
there bent and the seals are shot and i found a set for 200 new on ebay that im thinking about gettn there yamaha blue and have the factory decals on them and it also has a d&d exhaust already

Last edited:
Heck yeah. Sport bikes are fun to ride but I can't go more than an hr or so before I'm ready for a break. Lol. My new bike is a 13 gsxr600. I don't get to ride it so much anymore.

there bent and the seals are shot
Heck yeah. Sport bikes are fun to ride but I can't go more than an hr or so before I'm ready for a break. Lol. My new bike is a 13 gsxr600. I don't get to ride it so much anymore.
i finaly got my cousins car out of the shop and got a lil work done to it i got it to turn over but it isint gettn spark and there is 4 connectors that dont have a places to be plugged into and i got the carbs cleaned

The last plug looks like your rectifier plug. Check to see if you have a horn. May have been removed which could be one of the other plugs lol. Are the coils hooked up? And does your fuel pump prime when you turn the key? The last one in sure is for the rectifier though

And do you still have the fan on the radiator. Its a lot of questions I know lol it's hard to tell where the plugs are postioned on the bike up close like that.

Fans plugged up coils plugged up cdi plugged up key plugged up the first one is coming out of where the plugs are for the coils