R3 engine swap

Jul 11, 2020
Hey guys

soon i will start an engine swap on my 06 blaster. i will put a Yamaha R3 engine that i will buy.

i will keep you guys posted <3

anyone did this before ? an r3 swap

Don't know if anyone has successfully done it? Try a search on here.They are taller so that might pose another issue with frame or fuel tank?

OK, so today i received my Yamaha r3 engine. its so nice :)

First thing we have to do is remove the two pipes going down from the front to the middle and the bottom supporting thingy? look at the pictures to understand me :)

OK, so last night me and my bros :) finished the two front engine mounts. we used a YFZ450 mounts that we had laying around.

we did weld it.

ok so last weekend we got all the engine mounts in place (as seen in the pictures) now we are planning the exhaust and will start fabricating it.

Reactions: Slydog
OK OK

the bike is finished and it is sweeeeeeet. this weekend we are going to the dunes i will take a long video of the bike and what we done on it. sorry for not posting buy the build was crazy.

hello again after 2 years.

sadly to say that it was not what i was looking for.

so i swapped the engine to a YFZ450 and it was a whole new thing

the blaster frame and geometry did wrong to the engine.

it was slow and powerless and very bumpy but on the yfz it felt at home

the torque changed alot and felt manageable it was smother and alot comfortable to ride.

if you want to do a swap do it to a YFZ frame or Raptor 700. i prefer the yfz frame.

So what’s the difference in engine weight ?
What did you do about the frame tubes you cut ?
The one weld that I saw wasn’t very nice looking.

That weld (looked like a night of grinder grit snot rockets building up)..lol.. ive done worse weld than that before tho. Lol..