Question on fuel consumption + fuel/oil mixture

YamoRide

Feb 11, 2021
Hi everyone, hope you're doing good,

I have some questions, I am a beginner, and I would like to have your help please. This is my first 2-stroke quad.

If I fill up for example 6L of fuel (oil included), and I ride quite intensively for several hours, let's say 2 or 3 hours maximum, at the beach, etc... is it normal that at the end, there is only 2L left in the tank? (4L consumed) Is this consumption reasonable for this quad? Normal?

--------------

One last question about the fuel/oil mixture.

If I go to the petrol station, I tell them to put pure fuel, therefore without oil, directly into the tank, can I then just pour the right amount of oil myself directly into the tank, and shake the tank a little, and the oil will be able to mix homogeneously with the fuel?

Several friends strongly advised me against this, and told me that I would have to mix oil and fuel in a bottle beforehand, and pour the whole thing into the tank, but not to pour the fuel alone, and then pour over the oil separately. because by doing so, it wouldn't mix.

Which is the real one, which is the fake one?
I just don't want to have to walk around with a jerry can all the time...

Your better off premixing. Then Put It in the tank when possible
If your riding at the beach. Which is a sandy condition ussualy the load on the engine pushing the atv through bthe sand is high. It has to work harder so it will consume more fuel than say riding on hard ground. Plus it's a 2t so it naturally burns. More than a 4t. As it fires every time the piston comes up. Instead of every other time

Your better off premixing. Then Put It in the tank when possible
If your riding at the beach. Which is a sandy condition ussualy the load on the engine pushing the atv through bthe sand is high. It has to work harder so it will consume more fuel than say riding on hard ground. Plus it's a 2t so it naturally burns. More than a 4t. As it fires every time the piston comes up. Instead of every other time

thanks my friend,
About the premix concern, is it an obligation ? I cannot just go the gas station, put my own oil in the tank, and then add simple fuel ? Naturally it will mix in the tank, isn’t it?

and for the fuel consumption, thank you, I also thought it’s normal.