Quad quit running

Cory2000

Sep 26, 2019
Was driving my blaster up to the garage and it shut off, was running excellent, just shut off, plug looks good, has spark, compression is there, cleaned carb, when I try to start it sometimes it backfires out the exaust and that’s about it

Backfires are usually cracked or broken reeds,
or the flywheel woodruff key has sheared and allowed it to rotate out of time, it'll spark but at the wrong time
check both starting with reeds.

Backfires are usually cracked or broken reeds,
or the flywheel woodruff key has sheared and allowed it to rotate out of time, it'll spark but at the wrong time
check both starting with reeds.
Ok thanks checked the reeds and they looked good, got a good look at the piston and walls and looked good (should be almost new top end and reeds are two weeks old) how do I look to see if the flywheel key has sheered? Sorry for all the questions

Ok thanks checked the reeds and they looked good, got a good look at the piston and walls and looked good (should be almost new top end and reeds are two weeks old) how do I look to see if the flywheel key has sheered? Sorry for all the questions

Well..... when I started to kick it over today it didn’t feel right so hooked my compression tester up to it and only had 70. So eaither new top end was junk or head gasket blew can u recommend a few different top end rebuild kit for me thanks